racetech springs

as i have a leaking front fork seal i have ordered new seals and bushings etc and i am considering fitting some racetech springs better suited to weight etc, my question is related to fluid level, i know the stock level is 62mm but on racetech site it states 130mm, seems like way less fluid in fork, has anyone fitted these that can vouch for this number being correct?, on 06 1300

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The extra air volume allows the fork to utilize the stiffer springs without the penalty of being too harsh. More air and less oil makes for a more progressive ramp up of compression resistance as the fork nears maximum compression. I would follow the directions first, then modify oil level in necessary to suit personal preference.

IN MY OPINION.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
With help from some people here including @dduelin this was my experience, I followed the directions.

OP
OP
The extra air volume allows the fork to utilize the stiffer springs without the penalty of being too harsh. More air and less oil makes for a more progressive ramp up of compression resistance as the fork nears maximum compression. I would follow the directions first, then modify oil level in necessary to suit personal preference.

IN MY OPINION.
makes sense, i watched a you tube vid from old guy on a bike where he fitted racetechs but did stock oil level dimension, i just saw the wilbers video and they did 120mm so must be a reason, thanks for reply

Top Bottom