Radiator reservoir question

Bike
2006 ST1300
Quick question, I'm sure I know the answer, but had to double-check. Had been smelling antifreeze and decided it was a good time to check it out (looks like it is coming from loose hose connections at thermostat). When pulling everything off I ended up stretching the upper radiator reservoir hose and it appeared to pull off of something as it was laying somewhere on top of the block. So, in the course of looking for where it came off, I was not finding anything so was thinking I would need to pull the gas tank to make sure. Before I did that, I went on here and noticed somebody had posted the hose diagrams. In the diagram it appears that the upper reservoir hose does not appear to attach to anything and looks like it just hangs down (like I would assume). I normally wouldn't think that an upper reservoir hose would be attached to anything. However, seeing how it was actually laying above the reservoir initially, I just wanted to confirm before putting everything back together and then finding I need to take it all back off.

Thanks in Advance--

"upper radiator reservoir hose"

Are you talking about the hose by the radiator cap? It runs across the top of the engine (under the mat) and then down to the bottom fitting on the resevoir tank

The upper hose on the coolant resevoir, just goes down and vents to the ground

reservoir hose.jpg

2024-04-10 17.03.21.jpg

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300
Thank you, that was what I was assuming. Just caught me off guard as the upper coolant reservoir hose had been routed across the top when I was pulling it off.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
"upper radiator reservoir hose"

Are you talking about the hose by the radiator cap? It runs across the top of the engine (under the mat) and then down to the bottom fitting on the resevoir tank

The upper hose on the coolant resevoir, just goes down and vents to the ground

reservoir hose.jpg

2024-04-10 17.03.21.jpg
Your partly correct....
Actually the hose should rest inside the frame in the hole just below your red arrow, this keeps it from spewing out on the rear wheel. In the position that yours is in, its directly in the path of the rear wheel, the hole in the frame keeps it off to the side, making things a little safer.
;)

Top Bottom