Suits Rain Suits That Fit Over Riding Gear

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Cabela's is closing out some Frogg Toggs........................may be in store only..............

st1300doug

Bought my bright orange FroggTogs in 2001....still work and fit into the small bag they came with. Back then...$59.99 My Choice!!!

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I bought some Quest pants at Tarjay' and they have kept me dry for three years and were only about twenty bucks. By the by, I need a hug!

Greg Kane

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Well I have an issue with it as well I rode home from Moonshine in the rain for 400 miles. The top half of the suit worked well but the bottom half soaked through after a few hours in the rain. I would say it failed I will be calling BMW on Monday to see about returning it. I couldn't figurte out how the water got in. Looking at the suit you just can't figure out how water could get in.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well I have an issue with it as well I rode home from Moonshine in the rain for 400 miles. The top half of the suit worked well but the bottom half soaked through after a few hours in the rain. I would say it failed I will be calling BMW on Monday to see about returning it. I couldn't figurte out how the water got in. Looking at the suit you just can't figure out how water could get in.
Steve - In the kind of rain I went through leaving Moonshine, I think it could have gotten through at tightly sealed baggy! :D Good to see you again and glad you made it home okay.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Steve - In the kind of rain I went through leaving Moonshine, I think it could have gotten through at tightly sealed baggy! Good to see you again and glad you made it home okay.
Yes I guess so Phil but it was strange that only the bottom half got wet.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes I guess so Phil but it was strange that only the bottom half got wet.
Yeah, and thats the worst part to get wet to me. Nothing like sitting in a soggy, wet bag. I've found if a rainsuit is gonna leak, it's usually the bottom that starts before the top and usually at the crotch. I think it has something to do with water ponding there in a heavy rain.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I took a set of Frogg Tog Road Toads on my latest adventure and I have to say they worked out pretty well. What I thought was a leak was a water bottle stuck in my jacket pocket under the rain suit that popped open. When I got where I was going I started looking for where the water was coming in at the crotch. When I couldn't find a hole it suddenly struck me .... :doh1: I did get a 3X which fit over my First Gear Air nice enough. I just wish the jacket was a little longer or the trousers had a bib. They have some with a bib, but not in baby water buffalo size. ;-) Time will tell how long they hold up but at least the price was lot more reasonable than the other options.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I lucked out in that when I bought my rainsuit it was recomended to me by a local dealer who was a real biker himself and used this suit himself as well. It is a Teknic Road Iron model two-piece suit. I have been using the same one since 1998. It has been tested A LOT. Once rode for 11 days straight in all-day downpours. I have never gotten wet with it yet. It does not breathe very much however. I was so satisfied with it that I went back and bought another one. The only problem is that I never expected it to last so long. The second one is still unopened in the original package and will probably be useless due to dry-rot before I get to use it. It was expensive- around $100.00 back then but I have gotten more than my moneys worth out of it. No idea if they make them anymore.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
from the interwebs it kinda looks like specialty sports ltd (owner of brand teknic) is no more

Bike
2015 Can Am Spyder R
STOC #
I bought the Frogg Togg Toadskinz pants 2 yrs ago. They are different material than the originals, and they seem to hold up well. They do keep me dry, and I have tested them quite often this year. I still have the original material jacket, and you are right they do frey, but still keep me dry. When it is shot I will go with the Toadskinz top.

Bike
06 St1300
I've used a construction suit over my riding gear for the last ten years on multiple bikes, and have never gotten wet. Looking to buy another one from Home Depot as my newer waterproof jackcet isn't. Can also get over my boots.

Top Bottom