Really dead new battery

OK, last fall I was confiden that my battery was going and replaced. All seemed well but the battery would just turn over the bike after a three week rest.

I now know that I have a voltage drain somewhere on the bike that needs to be found.

However my current problem is that after the incident above I moved, the bike was shipped and it just came out of storage after 3 months. Right now the battery is DEAD. I'm only getting a 4V reading across the battery and although the charger has been on for 24 hours there is nothign.

Did a brand new battery get wasted?

I had a very similar problem with a new Westco battery. Read the following on a forum somewhere, and it worked:::: Problem- It's not that the battery will not take a charge, but that the charger is not attempting to charge... Appears that some (most) chargers will not throw a charge into a battery that has reached at/or near total discharge......Solution::: Connect your dead battery to a known good battery; then connect your charger to the good battery; then both batteries will be brought up to full charge. This has worked for me on two different occasions; saved me from tossing good batteries into the dumpster.....Try it; I think you will like it!!!

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Once you deep cycle a battery (drop below 10 volts) the battery halves all of its values.

It still may be usable, but just understand that it is no longer what you expect.

Top Bottom