Rear brake interchangeability (for a 1991)

jim 91 st

Jim 91 ST1100
Bike
91 ST1100
My 91 St with 95k on it is getting a spongy but usable rear brake. As long as I don't need to panic stop! Front is fine so far.

For the rear, what components are interchangeable from later STs? I see a lot of later brakes and (mainly) master cylinders, but am wondering if they will fit. I may rebuild the master or buy a used one and rebuild it, but I want to know what my options are before I take it off the road. What really changes on the ABS bikes then.... everything or very little? Not having had one nor owned one, I really don't know. I assume there are some parts breakdowns out there that would explain this in great detail too, so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Jim

There was no ABS version offered on the USA 1991 ST1100s. All standard models, 1991-2002, have the same brake components/part numbers. Check any of the online microfiches.

John
via iPhone 4S from WeSTOC, Fortuna

Thanks, and I got back into Service Honda's fiche (which I have not pursued in a few years) and will see what year calipers etc interchange. I am just concerned that my bike being the first year and non-ABS was maybe a bit of an orphan, but perhaps not. Regardless, I do need to be able to keep stopping well! :)

I am just concerned that my bike being the first year and non-ABS was maybe a bit of an orphan, but perhaps not. Regardless, I do need to be able to keep stopping well! :)
Nothing changed till end of production in '00/'03, thus standard/wear parts should be widely avail...

Back
Top Bottom