A while back i put a set of Roodsmart 4s on, then before very long caught a screw in the rear, yes it leaked so tried to plug the hole, i it lasted a while but started to LEAK again, replaced it, wouldn't hold air, put some fix-a-flat in there, nope no good didn't hold. Ok so i got a new tire on the way and yes put it on but was wondering if any yall riders ever PATCHED AND PLUGGED a rear tire and rode it for a while? Considering giving it a try on that old carcass. Just to see, but likely not, PLEASE ADVISE. Oh and a question- the front roadsmart has a flat band down the center then seems pretty steep as it rounds off to the sides, is that normal? Doesn't seen worn badly , i still have tread?
( i'm thinking don't waste the time and effort stay safe on here tire !)
( i'm thinking don't waste the time and effort stay safe on here tire !)
I had a new rear tire picked up a HUGE nail that was smacking my fender. tire shop was two blocks away so I made it there. the manager said He would not touch a motorcycle tire repair with a ten-foot pole! then he dropped glue can, gummy worms plugging tools and pressure gauges on floor beside my rear tire and walked away! I fixed the tire and rode it about 2000 miles before replacing. I still smile when I think about that "Grumpy Service Manager" He wouldn't let me pay him for his supplies either, said he didn't want anything to do with repairing motorcycle tires!