Replacement Fairings

Bike
2003 ST1300
Hello all, I am new here. Just picked up at 2003 ST1300 with 40k miles last week. Traded up from a Suzuki SV650. I love the ST already but my particular one has a major problem. It has all fairings damaged or missing save for 3 in the back of the bike. That said looking around a plastics pricing I keep running across sets from dhgate.com for decent prices but I am curious if anyone has any experience with any of these or if there is another source for affordable fairing replacements that I am unaware of.

Try Bikestrippers.com , they are located at Melbourne, Fla.
Also, try Ebay under Honda st1300 parts.
Good luck.

SupraSabre tried a fairing from China. The thread is here somewhere. I am sure that he will find this and comment. I checked 4 pages of his posts, but did not see that thread. Maybe your potential source is different than his, but he was negatively impressed.

Neal

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the :slv13:

As for replacement fairings. Ah yeah, be careful what you get. The ones I got from China were plain crap. They didn't fit worth a darn and looked just as bad.

There might be some aftermarket out there that might work, but I haven't tried any other but OEM since!

So seeing as the Chinese fairings are a gamble is there anywhere that is better then others for picking up OEM fairings at a decent price? Or is monitoring Ebay the best bet unless some come up in the for sale section?

So seeing as the Chinese fairings are a gamble is there anywhere that is better then others for picking up OEM fairings at a decent price? Or is monitoring Ebay the best bet unless some come up in the for sale section?
Check out the "For Sale" section at the top of the page as items often turn up from members parting out bikes. Also check out eBay.

FYI, painting the whole fairing (should you get parts from different bikes) will cost in the $2 to $3k range for a professional* job, assuming you pull the fairing and separate all the pieces.

*i.e. a body shop.

I do have the advantage of having a father in law that can help me do the painting myself. It will not look as good as a professional shop but it will look good enough for me.

I do have the advantage of having a father in law that can help me do the painting myself. It will not look as good as a professional shop but it will look good enough for me.
If someone has a bit of painting experience there is no reason It can't look professional. Paint material has become very expensive. The prep work takes all the time, don't rush.

I appriciate the feedback all. Looks like I am begining the process of acquiring a full set of fairings. I am sure I will have many more questions through this process as I try to figure out what all is even missing.

Looks like I am begining the process of acquiring a full set of fairings.
A suggestion - this is how I would go about my search. Go to a Honda parts website (discounthonda parts.com; cyclepartsnation.com; ronayers.com; etc.) pull up an early ST1300 parts fiche, and start looking at pieces. Copy down a list of the parts you need by name - inner upper cowl, middle cowl, lower cowl, etc. and then check part numbers for that piece down through the years to see if there are any incompatibilities. I believe that the fairing pieces are unchanged for all of the years, but I do not know this for a fact. Once you know, you can either ask questions here or proceed to buy whatever used parts you need. This is not such a daunting task - we are talking about 10 years of production and I'm not sure how many pieces you need.

As you can see in the picture it is most of them. I have the seat off in this picture but the upper cowel is held on by sheet metal screws and zipties. I have been using the list at RevZilla to begin a list. For most of the fiche it is basically all of them.

Attachments

• 20200323_203354.jpg
    20200323_203354.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
Your rebuilds give me hope. I went through today and pulled all the part numbers and found new pricing. It appears they have stopped making the Left Lower Cowl but all others are available new. The good news is for what I have in the bike I can buy all new OEM parts and still feel like I am right side up on it. That said once restored I see no reason for it to leave my ownership anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom