Replacing the Michelins

OP
OP
draser
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
I've tried various brands, but the Dunlop Roadsmart is my latest and favorite.
Yeah, I had them on a previous bike, like them for the grip and comfort, also like the profile. Sensible pricing as well.

Since you live close to the Canadian border it might be less to buy in Canada.
Good point, thanks, will do a search, thank you for the site as well!!

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
I'm with Uncle Phil. I have mixed and ran bias, radial, but not any car tires. Your bike has no idea what kind of tires are on it and it will not handle like on ice. Change my own tires so no hassle from the experts at any motorcycle shop.
I do find that bias tires do not cup anywhere as bad as radials on the front and they last longer. It's 300 miles to any crooked roads for me so tire life is pretty important. Have never had the bike pitch me off or lose traction with bias/radial mix. Might be different on a race track but that's not where I ride.
Bias touring tires on the rear can be a bear to remove. Mounting not so bad.

I have to agree with the whole crowd, the tire you are most comfortable is the tire that you normally ride on be it Dunlop, Bridgestones or any of the above. What you choose to put on is one that shortly after installing them, you forget about them and ride as you have always done.
Most of the time the manufacturers tend to keep the same characteristics in handling even after the updates

Bike
KTM 890 ADV NC750X
2024 Miles
STOC #
Most of the big name brands are pretty good, Michelin, Dunlop, Bridgestone you won't go wrong. I have found that the Michelin turn in a little easier than the Dunlops but the Dunlops hold a line better mid corner. Also seems the Dunlops get great wear mileage. My 2 cents worth

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Stop me if you've heard this before, but I now have had the rear Bridgestone step out on me 3 times, catching me by surprise each time, on the GSA.

No hooliganisms, just sporty riding on clean dry pavement making a 90-degree turn each time. The tires have only about 4k on them, or a bit less, and they do not have my confidence any longer. Standard pressures, 40psi in the back and each time the tires were not cold.

Having said that, these are the stock 90/10 (street/dirt) tires on a 2022 BMW GSA, and not the BT 32 / 36 / 38s y'all run on the ST. My 1300 has the BT38 out front, CT in back and I've not slipped yet.

And I ride the ST just as sporty as the GSA, when the trailer is not there and the roads are dry.

Top Bottom