Restitch Corbin seam

Bike
2010 ST1300
Is it possible to restitch seams on the Corbin seat cover. The seam across the drivers seat is coming apart as the thread is breaking. I was going to try removing the cover but it is glued to the foam. I did give Corbin a call and there is a 3 week turn around time if I ship it. October 8 is the earliest in person appointment. The upside to taking it back is a brand new cover and choosing color, texture and piping.

Bike
2006 ST1300 basic bl
Is Corbin going to cover this as a warranty item or will this cost you and how much??

If it is a NO CHARGE or a LOW CHARGE repair then I'd get a cheapo seat or even a sofa cushion for a few weeks. If they want too much I'd do what Larry Fine suggests above. It should be very reasonable as the cushion material should be OK and you have the pieces of the cover to make a pattern. Just be sure that whoever does it uses UV resistant thread this time. Heck, you could stitch it yourself with a needle and thread if you were inclined.

OP
OP
cjames431
Bike
2010 ST1300
Is Corbin going to cover this as a warranty item or will this cost you and how much??

If it is a NO CHARGE or a LOW CHARGE repair then I'd get a cheapo seat or even a sofa cushion for a few weeks. If they want too much I'd do what Larry Fine suggests above. It should be very reasonable as the cushion material should be OK and you have the pieces of the cover to make a pattern. Just be sure that whoever does it uses UV resistant thread this time. Heck, you could stitch it yourself with a needle and thread if you were inclined.
I am not the original owner as I bought it used. Corbin would charge me $350.
Hand stitching is probably my only option since the cover is glued to the foam and would most likely make it unusable if I were to peal it off.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Once the stitching comes loose it’s best to fit a new cover on it. Once in there use thicker foam for the top stitching, makes a world of difference in comfort.
I’ve recovered mine a few times, mostly to match the colour of each ST1100 I owned. ;)

Top Bottom