Rotors OEM or EBC?

Bike
SSB
STOC #
Ok so my suspicions have been verified My rotors are not only out of spec but one has a slight warp. my Mechanic said ride it till it annoys me then replace both. Great Idea except It annoys me now. Question is EBC for $202 a side or $280 (Ron Ayers) for OEM . Using stock pads which would void EBC warranty. My friend Loves the EBC on his connie does anyone here have any experience on the ST1300A

ratbbb2, Me I'm a stock person specialy when it comes to brakes.
How many miles on bike? Could i have your old rotors?

If you are going to keep it I would stay stock. My OEM rotors have very minimal wear at 105,000 miles.

On the other hand if you are not going to pile up big miles try EBC. I have EBC Pro Lites on my BMW and they are wearing rapidly after only 16,000 miles. There was something I read on the internet about some problems EBC was having with stainless rotors and having to replace some out of warranty. I started with matched EBC organic pads on the new rotors and still see rapid wear.

Thanks for reassuring me . The EBC are fine I'm sure but I loved the original and after finding them for 245 at PowerSportPlus.com (cheapest I found ) I ordered them should be here before the weekend
Thanks Guys

Can I have your old rotors???
Thanks for reassuring me . The EBC are fine I'm sure but I loved the original and after finding them for 245 at PowerSportPlus.com (cheapest I found ) I ordered them should be here before the weekend
Thanks Guys

A month and ahlaf ago, I bought a used set of rotors off ebay for $100. I still need to mount the rim and make sure they are okay (did the visual thing.) But I was looking for a set for my extra rim. Figured $100 wasn't a bad price for the set! I also paid $40 for the rear rotor.

Update! Had rotors replaced (OEM $245 each purchased at PowerSport Plus.com) the Calipers rebuilt and lined bled . Now it appears the proportioning valve is defective Foot brake is looking up the front wheel. Thanks to all for your input.

Back
Top Bottom