Sadlsor goes x-country on the GS Adventure

Haven't eaten since a light breakfast, so pulled off I-20 at West Monroe, LA to find a decent- looking Mexican restaurant
Been watching the TFT show me 56, then 54 (those would be degrees, like Fahrenheit)... so as I was taking off layers of jackets and such, and before the waitress has a chance to ask for my drink order, I query "Do have any coffee, or could you make some?"
"Oh, no, senor. We have Coke, Sprite, ...sweet tea."
Me, protesting (as I remove another jacket, number 4 I think), "But, it's COLD outside. And those are all COLD drinks. You don't have a coffee pot in the kitchen?"
"No, no coffee."
I bet she hates motorcyclists, too.
And I can tell I'm not home yet.

20231110_203500.jpg20231110_204540.jpg

Haven't eaten since a light breakfast, so pulled off I-20 at West Monroe, LA to find a decent- looking Mexican restaurant
Been watching the TFT show me 56, then 54 (those would be degrees, like Fahrenheit)... so as I was taking off layers of jackets and such, and before the waitress has a chance to ask for my drink order, I query "Do have any coffee, or could you make some?"
"Oh, no, senor. We have Coke, Sprite, ...sweet tea."
Me, protesting (as I remove another jacket, number 4 I think), "But, it's COLD outside. And those are all COLD drinks. You don't have a coffee pot in the kitchen?"
"No, no coffee."
I bet she hates motorcyclists, too.
And I can tell I'm not home yet.

20231110_203500.jpg20231110_204540.jpg
NO COFFEE!
Pffffffftttttt.
:well1:

Cross-posted from today's coffee thread:
Home alive at 0515CT. Bike is unloaded.

53F and had RAIN all the way from the Alabama state line.

My canvas hiking boots and my feet inside them are soaked, but all the rest of me is dry. And I stayed WARM.

That's important to me.

Now it's time to fall in the bed, after I reassure Kaiser that I didn't abandon him FURever.

If y'all will indulge me, I'll cross-post this to the x-country thread, as this screen is not happy with my wet fingers (had to take off my heated gloves to loosen all the luggage tiedowns.

Good day, and good night.

I'll check in again In 2 weeks when I wake up.

Now 23 hrs since my last nap.

Thanks for all your support, encouragement, and humor this last week.

And yes, let's remember our veterans...

Nothing shows the heart of a nation, as the way it treats its warfighters.

Good ride report, I loved following along , well documented, and very entertaining. Glad you made it home safely, with little to no damage to the bike. I'm not a big fan of keyless anything, but they are nice when working correctly. Enjoy your time at home. A very well deserved time to rest, and relax.
Thanks for taking the time to take us all along on your adventure.

Or have them get you a water microwaved so you can drop some instant coffee. I’ve done that when the thermos ran out
A question I've yet to answer... is instant coffee REALLY a substitute for fresh ground coffee?
Even in the worst situation?
I'll answer thusly, for the moment:
I would rather perform an appendectomy on myself with a spoon.
A rusty spoon.
Without anesthesia.

A question I've yet to answer... is instant coffee REALLY a substitute for fresh ground coffee?
Even in the worst situation?
I'll answer thusly, for the moment:
I would rather perform an appendectomy on myself with a spoon.
A rusty spoon.
Without anesthesia.
I used to agree with this sentiment until a recent trip to a land where coffee was sometimes not available. Being warned ahead of time about this, I thought I would try the Vie instant from Starbucks. Surprisingly OK. No substitute for fresh ground but easy to carry and will get you by in a pinch.

Glad you got home on one piece and got to o is the bike real well. It will be interesting to see how you like it in your daily life vs the cannonball run home.

Back
Top Bottom