Sargent or Corbin Solo

OP
OP
Jammin'John
We are aware of the difference with the police model.

We do not offer a low version Same height as stock also a bit wider.

Sargent.

JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jammin'John
I could and it would sit on the plate for the radio mount but wet weather would be a concern
My plan is to put a soft 35 or 40 liter bag there. Can you post a pic of what it looks like back there ? I don't have my bike yet ?
Maybe I can cover the area with a waterproof tarp and put the bag on top. Can some of the wires be removed ? Thoughts ? A picture ?
Can the plate be removed ?
thanks,
John

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Here are some pictures of the plate and what is under it (the plate itself has 2 relays attached). I included pictures of the shell also.

underseat plate.jpg
subframe.jpg
rear deck.jpg
rear shell.jpg

I assume you could either fabricate a custom cover and lose the shell (in which case any top case should mount just like a normal ST). Or you could probably extend the bolts/brackets up to clear the shell. I personally would choose the first option, I don't want to make a sail that might encourage instability.

Ryan

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
My plan is to put a soft 35 or 40 liter bag there. Can you post a pic of what it looks like back there ? I don't have my bike yet ?
Maybe I can cover the area with a waterproof tarp and put the bag on top. Can some of the wires be removed ? Thoughts ? A picture ?
Can the plate be removed ?
thanks,
John
Sorry no pic. Bike is in its tent right now. It is a flat square steel plate with four hold down bolts and yes you could remove it. If you plan on putting on a dual seat you will have to remove it

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Oh, to answer you second question - the wire harness you see in the amber plastic bulb thing all go to the police switches on the right handle bar and the rear mirrors (3 wires to each side). I have already fabricated my own harness that plugs in directly to utilize one of the switches for driving lights because I didn't want to cut any stock harnesses.

You could in theory remove this entire harness, but I would do some thorough testing to make sure you are not damaging any additional circuits by removing. I personally kind of like extra wires and switches running through the bike. I can add in accessories if desired and just utilize the unused wires.

Ryan

OP
OP
Jammin'John
Thanks and Thanks Again Ryan_B !
Those pics are VERY encouraging, unlike the seat height issue. It appears that the important connectors are in that amber bundle.
No water getting in there.
It looks as if I could leave that plate on as well. That looks like a substantial rear sub frame/rack !
A hard box might be OK if it doesn't stick up too much. Many soft bags could fit on that large area. Where the plate sits might be a great spot as long as I can get on and off the bike.
How far is it from the back of the seat to the end of the rack ?
Could a smaller box fit on the rack part and a soft bag over that plate ? A big box with a backrest right over the plate ?
If you can could you show a tape measure from the back of the seat to the end of the rack and across the plate between the frame rails ?
Are you planning on a top case ?

All kidding aside , I love this dry bag. I've warn out MANY tail bags. The sippers ALWAYS break and I have to throw them away. No zippers or velcro on these baby's.
I would probably get the black one and mount it in this direction ! https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/dual-sport/sahara-dry-duffle-bag-detail
It would be low,narrow,and out of the wind. Reflectors on all sides.
  • 20”L x 10”W x 12”H
  • Holds 39.33 Liters
  • 1606279560464.png1606279560464.png
Is there enough room to mount like that ? Here it is in the other direction on my Stratoliner.

Here's the cheapest one I found.

IMG_2572.JPG

JJ

Last edited:

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Sorry, I put it all back together. Next chance I get I will snap some more pictures. Rough measurements of the black metal plate section are 14x15, there is about a 1.5" rise to the passenger grab handle deck area and then you have another 7 inches or so to the very end of the plate. So, from the back of the seat to the end of the bike is approximately 22". You could go pretty wide considering your panniers stick out a little ways on either side. I would say nearly 24" across the back.

I am not yet interested in a top case or a bag. I just moved from a small tank bag and I am overwhelmed by now much room I have right now. ;-) Plus my commute is only 10 minutes, so as long as I can fit my work uniform I am good.

You mentioned you haven't got your ST yet. Did you have to ship it somewhere? I actually drove to Houston and back for mine. Not too bad, 3.5-4 hours each way. I texted them at 6am and said I was on the way, they had the paperwork ready to sign when I arrived and 30 minutes later I was back on the road. It was a pretty awesome experience.

Ryan

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
Oh - you would need to make some kind of cover back there if you pulled the shell. The bike ECU and the ABS computer both sit in a housing just above the tail light. Sorry - but want to make sure you know what you are getting into.

Ryan

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I bought one of those and it was a pretty nice box, especially at that price. It had one major flaw though... the tab on the front broke off after only 750 miles of use. I got to work one day and the whole box was barely hanging on. You'll see there are several 1-star reviews, including mine, that had the same experience. I contacted the company and they gave me a refund and told me to just keep the box... I disposed of it.
1606314311429.png

I bought this one as a replacement, but it was $140 back when I bought it. So far, it's worked very well.

OP
OP
Jammin'John
I bought one of those and it was a pretty nice box, especially at that price. It had one major flaw though... the tab on the front broke off after only 750 miles of use. I got to work one day and the whole box was barely hanging on. You'll see there are several 1-star reviews, including mine, that had the same experience. I contacted the company and they gave me a refund and told me to just keep the box... I disposed of it.
1606314311429.png

I bought this one as a replacement, but it was $140 back when I bought it. So far, it's worked very well.
Thanks Paul.

JJ

OP
OP
Jammin'John
"So, from the back of the seat to the end of the bike is approximately 22"."
My favorite soft bag would fit perfect.
  • 20”L x 10”W x 12”H
  • Holds 39.33 Liters
thanks Ryan !

JJ

Top Bottom