Saturday February 17th Café.

I figured that or she was taught English by a classroom of sailors.

That post reminds me of when there was a crew of us went to Nottingham, England! We had a plant manager from Germany, who was trying to learn English, the guys were helping him but it was almost “sailor English!”
I got him alone and informed him not to use the newly learned English in mixed company!
He was quite thankful!

the guys were helping him but it was almost “sailor English!”

Back in the ‘80’s, i had a close friend who suffered brain damage in an auto rollover accident, and lost his ability to speak. He went to rehab in Memphis for 6 months, learning how even speak his first word. It seems his teacher was a proper English lady, and when he came home he had gone from a TN, slang swearing redneck, to a proper English gentleman, complete with British accent. Yeah, I’m talking manners and behavior, also. My Fair Lady remake. And he remained that way for the next 30 years, til he passed on.

John

Yawn......
Stretch.....

Ouch..... Still a bit sore from yesterday's fun.

Thanks for the start up goodnesses.
Clear and sunny here today. Might hit upper 30s .
No plans today. Maybe wash my filthy pickup...then maybe not.

I know......it's a real Saturday.......I gotta do nothing.

Hope everyone has a fun do nothing kinda day.
T

Here's a nice sunset to lighten your morning.
IMG_20230418_194349.jpg

Late morning Ray & All from an overcast day in Southern Utah!

Currently (@11:30am), it is 34F, hoping for a high of 47F. No breezes at this time, but later we could see them out of the NW @ 6 to 7mph.

@Nashcat : Congrats on the truck, John! I have found, as long as I'm in my own house, a truck is a must! :)

Speaking of trucks, yesterday I had to go down to ST George to pick up some "very slightly used" struts & shocks for my Tacoma. For $350, I picked up two front struts, two rear shocks, two upper control arms and a front grill, all from a 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road. So the struts and shocks will be a little stiffer than my current Limited suspension, but since adding the shell, I think they will work out fine! I have no clue what to do with the upper control arms (they are like new), nor the grill, but we'll see. My next task will be to install the struts and shocks. :think1:

I'm finally in the last phase of this crud. I'll probably go out in the garage (after it warms up) and clean things up! Since tearing that 2005 ST1300 apart, I have stuff all over.

Eggs, bacon, toast and OJ. Pepsi (maybe two) to come later.

Anyone :wht13: , have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Back
Top Bottom