scanner dongle

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
So I checked all fuses no idea why it stopped working
First thought is that you blew a fuse, but you state that all of the fuses are good. Did you check them for actual continuity or just visually? Sometimes good looking fuses aren't.

If all of the fuses are good, have a look through the fuel pump circuit diagnosis below.
ST1300 - Fuel Pump Circuit - Fault Diagnosis

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
First thought is that you blew a fuse, but you state that all of the fuses are good. Did you check them for actual continuity or just visually? Sometimes good looking fuses aren't.

If all of the fuses are good, have a look through the fuel pump circuit diagnosis below.
ST1300 - Fuel Pump Circuit - Fault Diagnosis
actually pull the fuses to check for tight fit and arching or corrosion.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
I seem to remember reading about a way to reset the ECU with the ignition and kill switch. I have never had to try it and don't know the procedure, but it is out there. Does someone know the procedure to reset the fault codes, it is similar if not the same? Maybe @Igofar

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I seem to remember reading about a way to reset the ECU with the ignition and kill switch.
That comes from a procedure for the Goldwing that was/is claimed to have an effect on the ST1300 as well.
Fact or fiction? Good thing is that even if it does nothing, it also can't hurt anything.

ECU Reset

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
I would start with the service manual. They are going to ask does it crank over, does the fuel pump come on when the key is first turned on, is the FI light on on the cluster before it starts, is the stop run switch in the on position and it will go from there. You have a unique situation so get the manual and start figuring it out.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I sold my ST1300 and bought a 2015 Trophy. It has a OBDII connector. I'm using Torque software to read the codes.
Will advise later as to what I find.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Guys I still haven’t figured this out
No one here will be able to offer any valid suggestions based on the lack of information in your response.
Have you checked for fault codes?
What fault codes are present if any?
What tests have you done?
What are the results of those tests?
What symptoms are evident?
i.e.
Is it only the fuel pump that is inoperable?
Does it crank over normally?
Do you have spark?
What is working and what isn't?

We are not there, so we need information in order to be able to offer you helpful suggestions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom