Seeking WOTL on buying a used BMW K75

Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Thinking of purchasing a BMW K75 as a commuter bike. Something lighter for my daily trek. Also something I can ride on weekends when I don't want to take out the ST. Saw a '93 with bags on Craigslist that looked pretty nice for around $2700.

Anything in particular I should check for with the flying brick? Any known issues, reliability or otherwise?

Any help or comment is appreciated.

It is very smooth, unlike the 4 cyl. brick with much less high frequency vibration.

Sorry to hijack....Are you kidding me? the four cylinder brick like in the RS/GT and LT are some of the smoothest motors around.

The K75 is a great bike. Make sure the ABS lights stop after you start riding if it has ABS.

Thanks all for the tips on the K75. I'm looking at a 91 with only 14,000 miles at a local dealer. He's asking $2995 - which I think is damn too high.

Alternatively I'm also looking at a Yam FZ-6 and a Honda 599 Hornet (favoring the Honda). both '07's, both around $4,500. For the few bucks more, think I'll go with 16 year newer bikes for marginally more money, one of which is a Honda.

Again, thanks,

That's really about right. $2500 for a rat bike, $3K for good shape. But you've got to *want* that BMW. If it's 'just a bike', then get the Honda.

Back
Top Bottom