Sena Smart Phone App- User's Manual

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I have a Sena 20S communicator. I have finally moved in to this century and now have a smart phone as well. I have downloaded and installed the Sena APP to the phone. The APP loaded and functions without any problems. The Sena pairs to the phone. The app recognizes the Sena and I can see/adjust all of the settings, etc. as one should be able to. The only thing that I can not get to work is accessing the user's guide or the user's manual in the APP. Every time I select either of these options a message comes up stating "A new version is available to download." After I click the download button there is a message saying "Downloading User's Guide..." and it shows the rotating update circle. After a short time the message disappears but the manual never opens. If it downloaded somewhere on to the phone I can not find it. No matter how many times I go through this the same thing happens.

Initially I thought it was because the Sena APP had not been granted permission to access the phone's storage. I changed that setting but exactly the same result.
The phone, the Sena APP and the Sena all have the latest available updates installed.

I would like to have the manual available on my phone while I am away riding. I know that I can manually download the manual to the phone as a PDF but I would like to know why this doesn't work through the APP.
What am I doing wrong?

Sena 20S EVO
Android version 6.0.1..

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
but I would like to know why this doesn't work through the APP.
What am I doing wrong?
I didn't know the app could d/l the manual. I downloaded it as a .pdf on my computer and then put it on my iPhone. But it's much more practical on my iPad. :D I've found Sena Support to be very hit and miss though some members in the forum have been helpful.

Hm. I just opened the app and it let me download the latest manual. That's good to know. I'll pass that on. Sorry for your conundrum but thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Well ........ If anyone is having the same problem I can tell you what might fix it but not what was wrong.

I did have the latest version of the Sena App installed. No matter what I did and no matter how many times I tried I could not get the user's guide or manual to work from within the App. I eventually deleted the App completely, cleared the phone's cache and then rebooted the phone. Then I installed the Sena App again- the exact same version that I had on the phone before I deleted it. Now it works just fine.

Go figure!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Andrew Shadow said:
I eventually deleted the App completely... Then I installed the Sena App again- the exact same version that I had on the phone before I deleted it.
Most of the time just deleting and reinstalling is enough to fix a glitch. The extra two steps may have helped or not. They don't hurt. Sometimes just rebooting the phone works without deleting and reinstalling. Bits and bytes are funny things.

Top Bottom