SENA SMH10 issue

TOR the sm10 will do exactly what you want to do. and it has 2 inputs if you need them a main Audio and an Aux. It works very well. Did you try not pairing the phone to the zumo? I think the phone is the problem it has priority 1 then GPS and then intercom the SMH10 can only handle 2 of the three thats why if you plug the zumo into the SM10 and pair to that you will still have all the functions you need.

Last edited:
Steve,

Any time the Zumo had any audio output to the SMH10, either mp3, GPS button touch tones or audio route directions, the SMH10 would drop the intercom connections between the helmets. When muting the Zumo, everything works fine. I don't know about a $100 SM10, there are cheaper dongles out there :).

What I like about the SM10 is it has the 2 inputs and I can plug it in to charge of one of my USB plugs I have mounted. But you are right I think any dongle should work. As long as you separate the phone from the GPS you should be good.

Tor.... I can send you a ad2p dongle ( standard 1/8" male stereo plug, about size of pack of gum ) if your interested... You will need a mini usb to charge it from computer or ac outlet.

Excess to my needs. It will only cost you a SELF ADDRESSED/STAMPED ( 4 stamps) padded mailer in another envelope sent to me. I'll stuff it and mail back.

let me know and I'll PM you my address

Ah... yes... my thinking was all backwards. I was thinking the phone routes audio through the GPS, but it does not. Pairing the GPS to your phone just merely allows the GPS to dial the phone, the audio is still handled by the phone and it's own BT connection.

To solve this issue I do not pair the GPS to the headset. I just pair the phone. The GPS does not provide me audio for turn by turn, I only use it for visual cues. When in-town I use the phone GPS to provide audible turn reminders. Besides the phone does a better job of routing around traffic and construction the the GPS can.

T_C I use both I use waze on my phone for routing around traffic etc also to show me where the police are and the GPS provides my route and XM radio via the SM10. The phone pairs directly to the SMH10 it all works seamlessly

Tor.... I can send you a ad2p dongle ( standard 1/8" male stereo plug, about size of pack of gum ) if your interested... You will need a mini usb to charge it from computer or ac outlet.

Excess to my needs. It will only cost you a SELF ADDRESSED/STAMPED ( 4 stamps) padded mailer in another envelope sent to me. I'll stuff it and mail back.

let me know and I'll PM you my address

Tom,

If you're sure you don't need it I'll take it. Shoot me a PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom