SENA SMH10 issue

That is the problem. The way I solved it was to get the SM10 the GPS plugs in to the SM10 and the headset pairs with the SM10 and the phone pairs directly to the headset.

plugs in?.......as in hardwired? If that is the case its going back to the place I bought it from. You don't hardwire a headset that's supposed to work over bluetooth.

Yes from the out jack on the side of the 550 to the SM10 the SM10 is a bluetooth transmitter it then sends your music and or GPS directions to the SMH10 via BT.

I'd suggest make sure you have the latest firmware and in the process do a factory reset, erase all pairings.

I loaded the latest firmware last night. I'll factory reset both when I get back home :)

Tor I don't think it will work there are only some many things you can connect and the phone has priority thats why you keep losing the intercom.

Tor I don't think it will work there are only some many things you can connect and the phone has priority thats why you keep losing the intercom.

Ok,,,,Me thinks I'll tell The Boss to keep her iphone bluetooth off whenever she's riding with me. problem solved :D...

Phone, multi-media and intercom are all on different channels to the headset. Just spent a week with the SO and she had her Iphone paired to her helmet and my droid to mine. We both listened to our own music, still had telephone access and still had intercom.

Now it was a little strange that when we first started riding to Rocky SToc only I could initiate an intercom session. But in hindsight this maybe was a blessing in disguise. :D

No.. seriously, when we stopped I repaired the two intercoms and everything worked fine from that point on.

Phone, multi-media and intercom are all on different channels to the headset. Just spent a week with the SO and she had her Iphone paired to her helmet and my droid to mine. We both listened to our own music, still had telephone access and still had intercom.

Now it was a little strange that when we first started riding to Rocky SToc only I could initiate an intercom session. But in hindsight this maybe was a blessing in disguise.

No.. seriously, when we stopped I repaired the two intercoms and everything worked fine from that point on.

Yes but Tor was pairing his phone to the GPS that is the problem. You cant pair the phone to the GPS as well as the headsets it drops out the intercom.

Yes but Tor was pairing his phone to the GPS that is the problem. You cant pair the phone to the GPS as well as the headsets it drops out the intercom.

Ohh...
My setup: Iphone 6 paired with Garmin Navigator V GPS. Navigator V GPS paired with SMH10.
Wife's setup: Iphone 6 paired with Zumo 550 GPS. Zumo 550 GPS paired with SMH10.

I read that as the phone was paired to the GPS, then the GPS was paired to the headsets. Headsets were never paired direct to phone.?.?.

My setup: Iphone 6 paired with Garmin Navigator V GPS. Navigator V GPS paired with SMH10.
Wife's setup: Iphone 6 paired with Zumo 550 GPS. Zumo 550 GPS paired with SMH10.

Okay I have read this new addition to this thread as I had similar issues. But it seems to me there is something going on here that has been missed. It seems that you are running two GPS units each of which ends up paired with a different head sets and different phones. Is that correct? If yes why are there two GPS units? Two bikes?

So for my wife and I whether we ride on one bike or two. I am basically the master.

I pair my headset to the GPS and the phone to the GPS. I get my driving instructions if I want them, my phone calls and music from the GPS. If my wife is on she is paired to my headset. She only gets intercom. We have never tried to pair her headset to her phone. If she is a pillion and wants music she plugs in her MP3 player. Now I suppose if she had music on her phone we could pair her phone to her headset and she might get music too. I know I had it configured that way in the past. I prefer the music from the GPS. Better quality and stereo too.

The only annoyance I have is that when I turn the GPS on and off I may lose the intercom, but one tap and I get it back.

Okay I have read this new addition to this thread as I had similar issues. But it seems to me there is something going on here that has been missed. It seems that you are running two GPS units each of which ends up paired with a different head sets and different phones. Is that correct? If yes why are there two GPS units? Two bikes?

So for my wife and I whether we ride on one bike or two. I am basically the master.

I pair my headset to the GPS and the phone to the GPS. I get my driving instructions if I want them, my phone calls and music from the GPS. If my wife is on she is paired to my headset. She only gets intercom. We have never tried to pair her headset to her phone. If she is a pillion and wants music she plugs in her MP3 player. Now I suppose if she had music on her phone we could pair her phone to her headset and she might get music too. I know I had it configured that way in the past. I prefer the music from the GPS. Better quality and stereo too.

The only annoyance I have is that when I turn the GPS on and off I may lose the intercom, but one tap and I get it back.

yes. Two gps's, two bikes, two SMH10's.

The setup is as was explained above. iPhones paired to gps's, gps's paired to SMH10's.

When the intercoms are initially connected (on two bikes) the intercoms work between us. As soon as one of us hit the jig dial and disconnects, then try reconnecting, we get "intercom failure, try again later".

Like Smash suggested it may be worth while to do a hard reset. I then would get the intercoms paired and then each individual headset to their specific GPS and phones.You may want to try a double tap before you start over. I know when I have multiple headsets paired it may take 1, 2 or 3 taps depending on whom I wish to talk with.

I have also found although not consistent the intercom failure message and sometimes I can tap and reconnect and sometime she needs to. Not sure why.

Or.. try pairing the intercoms the other way, match your intercom with hers, then pair hers with yours.
It shouldn't matter.. but a thought and worth what I paid for it. :eek::

But do the hard reset, factory restore, delete all parings.
On the last trip I would occasionally, maybe once a day, get the same message. But a second tap and all was good.

snip
But do the hard reset, factory restore, delete all parings.
On the last trip I would occasionally, maybe once a day, get the same message. But a second tap and all was good.

The second tap problem I found is related to how you pair... are you the first , second, third even if not a group... and ALSO what version of s/w running.
A small problem but not a real headache... as mentioned a full reset usu fixes it.

As a PS... with the newer versions of s/w 2 people can actually share music from one source;
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth
stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you
terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation.
To start or terminate sharing music, press and hold the Jog Dial for
1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double
beep and you and your intercom friend will listen to or terminate
sharing music. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing
down the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.

The second tap problem I found is related to how you pair... are you the first , second, third even if not a group... and ALSO what version of s/w running.

First and first for our pairings. My second tap wasn't due to pairing number, it just occasionally wouldn't make a connection, but maybe once or twice a day at most.

One problem I found with music share is that it runs the batteries down.

First and first for our pairings. My second tap wasn't due to pairing number, it just occasionally wouldn't make a connection, but maybe once or twice a day at most.

Yes, I guess I wasn't clear... I've seen it sort of as a bug that pops up now and then, esp if you at one time paired more than one other unit...It's related to how its pairs; like the unit has to think about what slot its connecting to and flubs it, failing to connect at all.

I been running the senas for years now and have seen it pop up thru the s/w versions from v1 to v5... seems to pop up more with older s/w from the original sets that weren't upgradable .
Usu a reset fixes, now I clear my senas out in the winter and redo the 3 I have... seems to solve many problems.

As to music share; how much battery drain ?

First price goes to Steve. After trying out different things, I have come to the conclusion that I either need to hard-wire the SMH10 to the Zumo 550, or....... get a A2DP capable dongle connected to the audio out port on the 550, pair the SMH10 to the dongle, pair the phone to the 550, set the 550 Bluetooth to "Phone Only". I'm pretty confident this will work. I am also pretty sure Lois would hate a hardwired option :).

Top Bottom