Sena SMH10 vs 20s question

Bike
2007 ST1300
I am going to jump in to the comm world with Sena gear, and have a specific wish list of function. Don't ride with anyone else who has comm gear, so this is based on rider/passenger usage. I don't have funds for a dedicated navigation unit, so I would like to use my iPhone 6 for streaming music at the same time as navi while having intercom capability as well. I have been told that the 20S will handle all three things at the same time, namely, if we're listening to music from say, Spotify, that navi instructions will step on the music when called for. In the interest of saving some cash in the purchase, does anyone know if the SMH10 will also do that? I think it should, because both the navi and music are simply audio output signals from the phone, so if the phone will do both functions at the same time (it does...), then the Sena should not care if there is one signal or ten. To prove my concept, I opened Spotify on the phone while driving in my truck and then started navigation, and the navi stepped on the Spotify when it called out instructions, so I figure this should come through the same whether it's the Sena 10 or the 20. Does this make sense?

Yes. Makes sense. That is the way my Sena SMH 10 and my Samsung Note 3 work together.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, that will work with the SMH10 and the iPhone. It does for me with an iP4S and an iP6.

Although you may find out (like I have) that the GPS on the phone is not great for motorcycles, unless you only want to go the fastest or shortest route... most don't have the capability of custom routes, which is the main reason we ride!

Yes, the 10 will do this, the 20 will too. You nailed it right on, all of the audio is coming from the phone so the headset does not do anything like mixing or priority, just plays it.

I use a 10, the gf has the 20.
The 20 is a little nicer sounding, has a better mounting configuration to accommodate different mics and speakers. The actual connection point between the helmet and the primary unit is also a little more solid. And the spiffy little phone app to use for setting it up.

Is it worth the extra money for those features???

i'v one of these http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDQ4MA==/z/-BIAAOSw34FVCUQ5/$_35.JPG does the job, i ride solo 95% of the time, it doesn't talk to other com's , and i'm happy enough to listen to the phone radio or music, i do have a garmin sat nav mounted (see farkles) and just have the volume full up and i can hear it fine behind the screen..
i' didn't like the fitment of the clamp and just used car double tape to stick it on.
best part is it was ?12.50 new with a 3 year warranty from LIDL.
i' have it 8 months, music is loud, and calls are clear both sides.

Top Bottom