Shark Audio for my ST

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi Folks

Ive been looking for a new audio system for the ST to replace the radio ive been using for a while now.

Any advice, ive seen a few youtube reviews and the 250w 2ch version looks good at around ?85 + postage from the US.

Also looking at a 600w and 1000w 4ch models.

There seems to be a serious lack of products this side of the water, don't know whether its not really accepted as the norm over in the UK but I really like having the tunes kicking out as im bobing along at 70 on the motorway.

Cheers
Chris

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
IMHO, forget the audio system and just stream tunes from your phone to your helmet through a Sena. Then, you're the only one that hears it. Personally, I can't stand hearing loud music from motorcycles (or cars for that matter). ;)

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi, ive tried the through the helmet speakers and couldn't get on with it, ive used the torx speakers and mini amp and still couldn't make it work for me.

so it needs to be the speakers on the bike option for me, It took me a while to get used to the sound but when im in traffic I do turn it down a bit and if im filtering etc..... but I do like to have it loud when idiots are using there phones while driving, one of my pet hates!!

Cheers
Chris

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Hi, ive tried the through the helmet speakers and couldn't get on with it, ive used the torx speakers and mini amp and still couldn't make it work for me.

so it needs to be the speakers on the bike option for me, It took me a while to get used to the sound but when im in traffic I do turn it down a bit and if im filtering etc..... but I do like to have it loud when idiots are using there phones while driving, one of my pet hates!!

Cheers
Chris
Understood. Have you tried earphones?

Bike
R1200rt
I use a shark audio system , its hard to hear at 70mph with a helmet on. I use a set of cheap headphones in the helmet, just find a pair with the wires not going over the top, cut off the over the head part and stick them in the helmet speaker pockets. If I am just driving local I can just switch the plugs and use the external speakers.IMG_0492.jpg

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Just because I am curious, why were the earphones no good? I tried the helmet speaker route and the wind noise was an issue. So I did some research and found these guys here.

http://earinc.com/shop/markets/recreational/insta-mold-music-monitors-earplugs/

I have used them reliably for seven years (not the same pair). You go to your local hearing guy and get the molds made, ship the molds to Ear Inc and get the earphones back. They are excellent fit, provide noise reduction, etc.

Top Bottom