She said yes... ;-> (NT700VA)

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Took me some convincing though, but ze GF finally agreed on letting me get her a '07 RC52, NT700V "Deauville" with 36K-km on the clock... :cool:
Gonna install a few farkels (2-way radio, satnav, lower cowling kit) and we're ready for some nice, long hauls...

Attachments

Bike
VStrom 650
I do like the practicality of the dullville (as it is often referred to over here, although not my own view) and with optional wider lids it's a good luggage carrier, although I can't remember the volume with the optional lids.
I see she went for the fastest colour.
And gentleman, control yourselves please, it isn't that sort of site. Ze girlfriend indeed.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I do like the practicality of the dullville (as it is often referred to over here, although not my own view) and with optional wider lids it's a good luggage carrier.
Eww... the enlarged panier lids of it's ancestor (the 650) were an abomination... :oops:
This is the 700 and its slim rear end will stay as it is ;)
She has a topcase + a seat bag, providing quite some payload capacity.

And already the ST has been given the "lack of character" attribute...
Supprize folks, but trouble free riding is what's expected from a touring motorcycle...
I don't want having to brute that rig into, through and out every corner, constantly fight with the gearbox or read a mass while waiting for torque at astronomical RPMs during a passing manouver...
JuST put the key in, hit the [ON] button and go... :cool:
She took it for a brief spin prior signing (smart girl she is :thumb:) and was amazed how smooth and "lightweighted" the NT700 handles...
She can flat-foot perfectly, paddling the NT back and forth with no trouble, all controls are just in the righ place... so I said "let's have it" and welled the green out the pocket... :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Traveling together on two motos can only bring you both closer together.
Frankly I did have some guilty conscience snuggly cosy on my ST while she had to battle just all and everything on her Kawasaki ER-5, ending up pretty exhausted after ~200km... :(
I rate the NT as a stress free, less tiring, hence more enjoyable workplace in comparison.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
And already the ST has been given the "lack of character" attribute...
Supprize folks, but trouble free riding is what's expected from a touring motorcycle
Agreed. What many attribute as "character" in a motorcycle is often also described as "things that stand out for some reason" (i.e. some sort of vibration, noise, quirky behavior, etc.). While those can be endearing at first, over the long haul they become the things that people end up spending inordinate amounts of time trying to make go away.

Bikes that have those eccentricities suitably excised are the ones that you stay with long-term.

I once dated a girl who had "character". She was interesting at first, but those traits quickly became the stuff that made me think she was a real b**** later on. I married the girl who was more composed.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
And gentleman, control yourselves please, it isn't that sort of site. Ze girlfriend indeed
:D John and I have "known" Martin from way back on Steinar Fremme's My-MC site, now long gone, so I'm sure he knew the comments were intended tongue in cheek. Now I'm wondering if Martin (seemingly a confirmed bachelor) is going to make her an honest woman?

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
:D John and I have "known" Martin from way back on Steinar Fremme's My-MC site, now long gone, so I'm sure he knew the comments were intended tongue in cheek. Now I'm wondering if Martin (seemingly a confirmed bachelor) is going to make her an honest woman?
I’ve known Martin Brunner for over 20 years, going back to the ST-Riders email list-serve. Known and respected him through his thoughtful, knowledgeable posts and our off-liST correspondence in those years. I remember one lady friend that didn’t work out in part to what he called the MIL (“monster” in law). :)

Take care my friend. Always a pleasure to see you posting to our community.

John

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Yeah, I've known Martin since 1997 and know him to be a confirmed bachelor, so the title of this post took me back a bit until I read it. I'm sure he did that intentionally for the benefit of those of us who've known him a while.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I have been looking at one of these (they're known as NT700Vs over here) for the time when the ST is too heavy for me.

I really like the look of the Deauville / NT700V and the practicality - too bad they were never sold in Canada. Nonetheless, there are a number of them here and I've got my eye on one in particular. In any event, importing a bike into Canada is not that difficult, I am told.

Pete

Top Bottom