Shipping out of boston!

Could do an Uncle Phil type trip ... RT 20 clear across the country.

In the Chicagoland area at least, that's an unpleasant proposition for a big chunk of miles. US 20 (which is sometimes co-routed with US 12 and US 45) will take you through heavy, dense urban and suburban traffic from somewhere east of Gary, IN until you finally escape after crossing the Fox River and getting west of Elgin, IL. In a distance of maybe 75-100 miles, you'd probably hit 500+ stop lights. Every one of them will be red, of course. How strong is your clutch hand? :)

BUT- outside of urban areas- I have found that US highways are a great way to travel when you have the time. You get to see Main Street USA (quite literally in many towns) and get a real flavor for what the country is like.

Last edited:
Its gonna be hard to find another night as nice as last night was. After the sun set i fugured the ranger was going to b a no show. So, i lit a fire and it was soo nice. Lightning bugs,critters banging around in the woods, stars by the thousands, no sirens, cars or planes passing over. I was miles up a road ans away from everything. Pretty cool! I think in going to do a bit of interstate around cleveland and see what happens next. I have a whole month to do washington and then to colorado. 2655DC51-3719-45BC-9C71-7D27E414EC94.jpeg4FAA73D5-4DAF-4104-8281-D7B8AF36C754.jpeg

Could do an Uncle Phil type trip ... RT 20 clear across the country.
Im gonna head to the upper penninsula

He's all ready to rumble!! :hat1::dr13:
On the highway jungle!

Im in geneva and there are no ros at the inn. I have to do the 50 mi to cleveland and maybe find a motel or stealth here somewhere. There is a state park nearby thats full. Im thinking about taking a look and maybe sneaking my tent up somewhere there.
Another friggin learning experience! I never dreamed everything along erie would be full or so expensive.
All of the camping and such is smother during the week, weekends in the parks are tough.

In the Chicagoland area at least, that's an unpleasant proposition for a big chunk of miles. US 20 (which is sometimes co-routed with US 12 and US 45) will take you through heavy, dense urban and suburban traffic from somewhere east of Gary, IN until you finally escape after crossing the Fox River and getting west of Elgin, IL. In a distance of maybe 75-100 miles, you'd probably hit 500+ stop lights. Every one of them will be red, of course. How strong is your clutch hand? :)

BUT- outside of urban areas- I have found that US highways are a great way to travel when you have the time. You get to see Main Street USA (quite literally in many towns) and get a real flavor for what the country is like.
avoid 20 from Gary to Elgin like the plague:turtle::box1::nuts:

Hope you can swim after you tell them that.
Make sure you try the local pasties up there. Suppose to be pretty special.

I took one look at that bridge a few years ago and went the long way around. Those high long bridges I can’t do by car or motorcycle.o_O
Yea, my last rollercoaster was the superman at six flags. Im not sure the bridge is less scary! Hoping to stay in the rigght lane and pass over.

Back
Top Bottom