Shipping out of boston!

Hwy2 in MN gets boring and faster. Watch your speed though. You will cross the Mississippi but it is jut a baby sized river up there. Looks like a nice score on that campsite. Great pics!

Once you get past western MN.....damn few trees to pee on.
Or provide shade.
But.....damn few people to see you pee right along side the road either!

Maybe amongst the sunflowers!

Im weird. I loved crossing kansas into southern colorado. Being in the wide open was nice.
Not weird at all... I much prefer riding in less populated areas, probably why I've never toured the northeastern U.S.... however, I also know I've missed some beautiful country in that approach.

Not weird at all... I much prefer riding in less populated areas, probably why I've never toured the northeastern U.S.... however, I also know I've missed some beautiful country in that approach.

You gotta get out of the cities and generally North. NH, VT, ME, once outside of the developed areas are as rural as you could want.

RT

You gotta get out of the cities and generally North. NH, VT, ME, once outside of the developed areas are as rural as you could want.

RT
I'm sure.... I'm just so used to pointing towards AZ/CO/UT or more of the Southeast... The good news is it leaves lots of places I've yet to explore and things I can look forward to in the future.

Im weird. I loved crossing kansas into southern colorado. Being in the wide open was nice.
Not weird at all. I loved that stretch on hwy 36 between western Kansas and eastern Colorado, things sucked when I went through Denver.

Are you staying on hwy 2 until Montana?

Not weird at all. I loved that stretch on hwy 36 between western Kansas and eastern Colorado, things sucked when I went through Denver.

Are you staying on hwy 2 until Montana?
I live downtown boston and am crowded a lot. Its nice to
Not be bumping elbows.
Im staying on rt2 for a while, but i am not sure how long. Its such a nice road, i might just do the whole thing. Its a really nice road!

Cermont, new hampshire and maine, you cant go wrong. Its getting there that sucks. Everything west and south of new england is a traffic jamb.

I live downtown boston and am crowded a lot. Its nice to
Not be bumping elbows.
Im staying on rt2 for a while, but i am not sure how long. Its such a nice road, i might just do the whole thing. Its a really nice road!
Well you can't go really wrong on road choices up there and heading West, all are interesting and the big farms at harvest time. Wishing you a safe ride today and winds in your back.

Well you can't go really wrong on road choices up there and heading West, all are interesting and the big farms at harvest time. Wishing you a safe ride today and winds in your back.
Many thank yous! Yea, and the people here are pretty friendly. Had a old timer tell me where the cop traps were on the way out of town this morning. Trying to pump gas, a guy stopped and wanted to hear where i was from and where i was going. Same as yesterday.
Really, really polite kind folks around here.
There is a lot of road work on 2 right now. I dont mind. I get off the red and get the blood back into my ass.

[QUOTE="Im staying on rt2 for a while, but i am not sure how long. Its such a nice road, i might just do the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. That route will give you an even better idea about how big this country is, and what our forefathers faced when they first began to explore that part of the American West. Thanks for the posts and pics. It reminds those of us who have taken similar long trips about how wonderful and freeing they are, and provides mental fodder for those who are contemplating doing so.

[QUOTE="Im staying on rt2 for a while, but i am not sure how long. Its such a nice road, i might just do the whole thing.

Not a bad idea. That route will give you an even better idea about how big this country is, and what our forefathers faced when they first began to explore that part of the American West. Thanks for the posts and pics. It reminds those of us who have taken similar long trips about how wonderful and freeing they are, and provides mental fodder for those who are contemplating doing so.
Well, i hope i encourage others not to do it my way. I almost chickend out leaving my first time. I hope i can give someone the courage to ignore their thoughts, overplanning and fear, and just load up and go. Thats all there is to it. Get on and go. Have fun! Like i said before, im 65 and refuse to be an adult for a little while!

What a day! Started w a long conversation in front of the coffee shop, seemingly as usual! Rt2 has a lot of construction and i spent a lot of time w the kick down, waiting for the one way to become my way. Still beautiful! In the afternoon, the temp went over 95 and the wind came up big! Really big! It actually snapped my head around a few times and pushed the red toward the guardrails. On guard and on duty!
Saw the sunflowers and they werent enjoying the wind either. They are about three feet tall right now, but there are hundreds of acres of them. I must b at a higher altitude because the trees got fewer and there was a lot more grass.
Ill be well across n dacoda tomorrow and am excited to see it. Never been there. A guy told me the blach hills were around 350 mi aouth of rt2, so i might try to hit them after washington
Said screw it and found a $57 motel with no wind or heat. Just nice air and cable!
Going to have to leave earlier from now on. This wind remindes me of the afternoons in texas and utah.

Back
Top Bottom