Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Large tent, ice, cooking gear, cot, chair and more incl firewood for one night.
JuST finished a section of CA36. LongeST trailer camping trip=8000 miles.
:cool: :) :cool:
Where'd you get the tow-section for your ST1300 (Pan Euro)? Have you got photo's of it???:pray1:

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the pictures everybody! I see the packing runs the gamut from looking like nothing more than a ride to the corner store all the way to looking like the Clampetts moving to California. :D

Sandman - Can you lean back and use the sleeping bag? as a back rest?

Yes that's the best benefit of this load, with the STeed STicks out I can lean back into the sleeping bag pack and cruise.

CampSToc will be my first ride with the Russell Day-long seat and I'm interested in how this improves the comfort. 20,000 miles on the stock seat was painful at times.

Ace, it's a Classic Industries (AU) tow bar/hitch assy and several pics are at: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2265164940062376558LDsHMY
I love this forum. I was under the mistaken assumption that one just "does not use a trailer" behind an ST. When my wife and I travel longer trips(more soon I hope), our three bags just hold enough for our stuff and no room for the equipment required for camping. I've been thinking of getting a Goldwing so that I could tow a trailer. This gives me new inspiration, cause I did not want to give up the ST, AND I did want the option of camping when out on the road. I would imagine a lot of sportiness is sacrificed by towing anything, but it wouldn't be all the time and I'm going to look into it.

Hi Midlife,

I will copy and paste my "intro" from a few days ago. It tells part of the story. I looked into purchasing a new Honda hard bag from parts but at almost $800 I tried to get creative. I have since located used units but have grown to enjoy the soft ones, they hold a lot. My "big box" is not pretty but functions very well. It was only $99 from Wallmart.com. I keep only the light weight bulky items in it. I use my bike often to transport me to my wilderness spot where I am building a rustic mountain hideaway.

(In the last photo I had been setting up camp in the Arizona desert and could hardly believe the load of crap I had carried with me. I am fine tuning as I go.)

Have Fun

Mexico last winter, Seattle in a couple of weeks. Love this bike.
Hi Everyone!

I purchased my fallen 2004 ST1300 FOR $3000, repaired it. I put 4k miles on it the first season and have never looked back. I have always driven, rode and mowed my lawn with Hondas. This is the greatest freedom tool I have ever owned. I push the limits of this great machine into Adventure Touring territory all the time. I do not let the end of the pavement hinder my distant or back country explorations. I often camp in very remote and mountainous areas and have had nothing but fun. I may have been LESS inclined to use this bike the way I do had I purchased it showroom new. This is no trailer queen and we are developing quite the love affair. I have enjoyed this site for some time and appreciate all the valuable information found here. I look forward to being more involved here in the future. This bike makes me feel that circling the globe may be a reasonable goal for me.

Happy Trails

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Hi Midlife,

I will copy and paste my "intro" from a few days ago. It tells part of the story. I looked into purchasing a new Honda hard bag from parts but at almost $800 I tried to get creative. I have since located used units but have grown to enjoy the soft ones, they hold a lot. My "big box" is not pretty but functions very well. It was only $99 from Wallmart.com. I keep only the light weight bulky items in it. I use my bike often to transport me to my wilderness spot where I am building a rustic mountain hideaway.

(In the last photo I had been setting up camp in the Arizona desert and could hardly believe the load of crap I had carried with me. I am fine tuning as I go.)

Have Fun

Mexico last winter, Seattle in a couple of weeks. Love this bike.
Hi Everyone!

I purchased my fallen 2004 ST1300 FOR $3000, repaired it. I put 4k miles on it the first season and have never looked back. I have always driven, rode and mowed my lawn with Hondas. This is the greatest freedom tool I have ever owned. I push the limits of this great machine into Adventure Touring territory all the time. I do not let the end of the pavement hinder my distant or back country explorations. I often camp in very remote and mountainous areas and have had nothing but fun. I may have been LESS inclined to use this bike the way I do had I purchased it showroom new. This is no trailer queen and we are developing quite the love affair. I have enjoyed this site for some time and appreciate all the valuable information found here. I look forward to being more involved here in the future. This bike makes me feel that circling the globe may be a reasonable goal for me.

Happy Trails
Thanks. Looking forward to hear more about your "end of the pavement" adventures!

Bike
st1300
STOC #
Bob,

Looks like you are hooking the RockStraps for your top backseat bag onto the straps for the lower bag?

Interesting idea that I will try. Would make for a faster set up than my curent hoock up!
Hi Mid Life,

Yes. I hook the Lower ROK's to the helmet holder under the seat, over the Lower bag & onto the grab bars. Then the upper ROK's hook to the Lower ROKs & up to the top box rack. Quick & simple.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Hi Mid Life,

Yes. I hook the Lower ROK's to the helmet holder under the seat, over the Lower bag & onto the grab bars. Then the upper ROK's hook to the Lower ROKs & up to the top box rack. Quick & simple.
My copy of your set up won't be quite as elegant as I do not have a top rack! Thanks for the idea.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I think I keep forgetting to hit "send" before going on to other things. Anyway, here's a pic of ReSTored loaded up after spending a night on the sand near Cape May, NJ last month before boarding the ferry to Lewes, DE.Camp Cape May, NJ camp .jpg Packed for the ferry ride.jpg

Top Bottom