Show Me Your Side Stand Foot

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That was the winner. Danke!

I bought and returned two for a Goldwing , just hoping. This is a very nice piece, you pay for it.
Does it interfere with the centerstand or other, existing bits on a 1300?
I don't need one, or at least never have on my streetbike, but I do have a sidestand puck in the tankbag if I do.
Still, it's a nice bit of bling without looking excessively garish and bling-ey.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
I don't need one, or at least never have on my streetbike, but I do have a sidestand puck in the tankbag if I do.
Still, it's a nice bit of bling without looking excessively garish and bling-ey.
She's up on the center stand, I have a lot of loose bits about right now, a day or two I'll put it down, I don't think it will be a problem.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
If it doesn't, and if it maximizes the size of the foot as much as possible for the space available, you didn't happen to trace it out did you?
That would be easy enough to make. Not having to figure out the shape and dimensions would be a lot easier.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've only twice come back to my ST to find it with a greater PORT list than when it was first parked but it was a little unnerving. At least it both tires were still on the ground. A stout round plate and lanyard are a practical if utilitarian solution

But the motofeet solution is a set and forget solution if it doesn't impinge ground clearance or the stowed position of the side stand. I don't corner aggressively so that might work in my favor.

a day or two I'll put it down, I don't think it will be a problem.
A ride report would be greatly appreciated. And a pic or two of it in the stowed position if convenient.

+1 Some time back there was an ebay offering similar to the motofeet – two piece bolt on. But it the top bit was anodized aluminum and those colors (except for black) are always garish and it was a one-size fits all so hard pass on two counts.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
If it doesn't, and if it maximizes the size of the foot as much as possible for the space available, you didn't happen to trace it out did you?
That would be easy enough to make. Not having to figure out the shape and dimensions would be a lot easier.
Earlier post in this thread has a tracing that has no interference, a few minutes and a piece of cardboard would get you there. This one is a bit bottom heavy, may scrape a bit on a hard lean. The only part touched was center stand arm. It could be I installed off by a whisker.
36F3A93B-D1FC-4B33-9F49-DDDD4C2BCF9F.jpeg
30 seconds with a file and it’s good.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Earlier post in this thread has a tracing that has no interference, a few minutes and a piece of cardboard would get you there. This one is a bit bottom heavy, may scrape a bit on a hard lean. The only part touched was center stand arm. It could be I installed off by a whisker.
If you are referring to the one you show in post # 36, I understood that to be something that you were toying with making yourself. I was asking about this one that you purchased from SM MotoFeet- unless you mean that the two are both the same shape/dimensions. No worries either way, if I decide to do something I'll work it out.

Top Bottom