Sneaking in a Deauville?

I'd like one too. The 2007 version is 680cc V-twin, and has ABS and electric windshield adjust available, don;t know if that is standard or not. I want one!

Dennis Martin

Ghod, it would be sweet.

I was thinking of a second bike, and if I could sneak in one of these, it would be awesome.

Something skinny, and agile for heavy LA traffic.

I might go with the BMW 800ST if the Deauville proves impossible to bring in.

Hey Guys

Being owners of the 'King or Queen' of 'Pans', the Deauville used to be classed as a 'Baby Pan' over here in the UK, and when it was first introduced to the UK, it was reffered to as 'The Baby Pan'.

In my opinion, you would be very dissapointed with the Deauville after having owned and rode the ST.

The Deauville is small, it has lack of power and carrying capacity although the pictures look good. It does have it's good points! Some training companies over here use them for learner riders as a mid range training machine and some trainers use them. The AA (Automobile Association) used to use them instead of the 'Pan' but they quickly found they were inadequate due to the carrying capacity and general use.

Just thought I would throw my dollars worth into the discussion, looks good in the pictures but!

Tee Hee, now going into the bunker and waiting for flack. :D

No no, thanks for your thoughts!

I really want a second bike, and I am trying to think about different possibilities.

I'm sure that the ride quality is nowhere near the ST, and I'm not expecting it to be.

I just want a nimble pony that can wiggle through traffic, but that dosn't have a chain that needs lots of maintenence.

Thanks for the advice!

Hey Guys

The Deauville is small, it has lack of power and carrying capacity although the pictures look good.

Just thought I would throw my dollars worth into the discussion, looks good in the pictures but!

Tee Hee, now going into the bunker and waiting for flack. :D

I really want a second bike, and I am trying to think about different possibilities.

I'm sure that the ride quality is nowhere near the ST, and I'm not expecting it to be.

I just want a nimble pony that can wiggle through traffic, but that dosn't have a chain that needs lots of maintenence.

Thanks for the advice!

Find yourself a used PC800, which is like the Deauville in some ways but has 800 cc's and storage space in abundance. Shaft drive, liquid cooled, self-adjusting valves, about as close to maintenance free as a motorcycle gets. They were made through 98 and good examples are still around. They're bullet proof reliable and run forever.

Kinda like the sheep's clothing to the ST's wolf.

Nope don't have 'em but would like one though... for the wife and get rid of her GS650... They are a cross between the ST the PC800.

We looked at bring this one over last year. It was $4200.00 and about $900-1200 shipping, duty and customs. If I remember right it was a 2001 model with 14000kms on it.

If you want a great little city bike look at a used/new BMW 650 GS. Great throw around bike and very reliable and fun to ride too. We found an 01 with 12000kms for $4100.00 and to didn't pursue the Deauville.

Attachments

• Honda NT650V Deauville.JPG
    Honda NT650V Deauville.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
BIKE or TWO, can;t remember which one in the UK did a story last summer where they strapped one of their writers on a Deauville behind a professional racer and took him around the track at very high speed to see if it was still "Dullsville"

It's a hilarious read as he gets the s*&T scared out of him.

Chris

Thanks for the advice!

This 1981 BMW has been my second bike for the last year. I have put about 6,000 miles on it since last April.
100_4887.jpg

It's stone reliable, shaft driven, light at 407 lbs, and just old enough to make cool at vintage or classic bike night. It's comfortable enough to ride 200-300 miles for fun. Airhead BMW's are easy to work on if need be, all parts are still available and not even expensive compared to our Hondas. Airhead riders tend to be different from later BMW owners - perhaps a bit less full of ourselves and more earthy. I too wanted a bike that was naked, light, and nimble for a counterpoise to the ST1300. The next one or third one will be a dual sport. I can see owning the airhead a long time though.

There is a Deauville in TN, owned by on the HSTA ladies (don't recall here name.) He ex brought it in for her, used, from England. He's a HEAVy airlines pilot.

While your in the sneaking-in mood, slip an African Twin (XRV 750) in for me :drool1:

xrv00.gif

If I was going to bring a bike in for myself in addition to the ST I think I would choose the Honda TransAlp.

I rode one while in Germany for a quick stint a couple years back and it was a sweet machine that would really give the V-Strom and BMW GS's a run for thier money if we had them.

Maybe in the future? Who knows?

Attachments

• Honda-Transalp-neu-3.jpg
    Honda-Transalp-neu-3.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 38
As long as we're sneaking...........how bout a CBF1000
Any opinions on one of these Mick? Looks great on paper but how's it in person?

Last edited:
Ooooo, that CBF looks great with the bags.

I wish we had access to ANY bike Honda makes. I hate this "too cool for America" %#@*

The CBF1000 looks a lot like the BMW F800ST we have here.

Just think of the sales growth Honda could have if they gave North America more options.

Attachments

• cbf1000-02.JPG
    cbf1000-02.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 8
  • withbags.jpg
    withbags.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 12
There is a Deauville in TN, owned by on the HSTA ladies (don't recall here name.) He ex brought it in for her, used, from England. He's a HEAVy airlines pilot.

And he rides a Varadaro.

Hi George,

That is Trey. He is now retired from driving airplanes.

Back
Top Bottom