OP
OP
veefore

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
So after yesterday's 250 mile ride I removed the Ilium bar risers the previous owner had on. Too sit and beg for my taste, I like a little forward lean not to mention I'm not particularly tall. Nice pieces, they came off easily and could go back on the same way.

Last edited:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Like I said.....greener pastures? I'm not sure....but I do feel that Honda has abandoned this segment and feels folks will just shift to their latest offerings. I'm 5'-8", adventure bikes don't appeal to me at all and I spent a week on a trip with a friend riding a 2018 Wing....not for me.
Nothing but reliable miles on my 1100 and 13 but I find the charicter of the boxer motor a lot of fun. A ton of features, ABS,ride modes, great handling. The reduction in weight and the ESA suspension are incredible......I could go on.
There's plenty to be skeptical about with the BMW too but I'm at a stage in my life where I was ready for a change so I took the leap. It literally was a deal I couldn't refuse.....
Kind of explains why I have one. Plus a great local dealer that has been nothing but great with my Triumph also.
12 years of absolutely troubled free 96,000 miles on my 07 ST. I still have it. I can only hope my other bikes treat me half as good.

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Kind of explains why I have one. Plus a great local dealer that has been nothing but great with my Triumph also.
12 years of absolutely troubled free 96,000 miles on my 07 ST. I still have it. I can only hope my other bikes treat me half as good.
Couldn't agree more.....if Honda made a successor I would have given it a hard look.

OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Both of you look great on your new RT. Grats. Welcome to the dark side :). Enjoy.
Thanks, loving the bike.......the weight loss agrees with me......
That said, the ST is under a cover in the garage. I have advertised it in a couple of spots - such a great bike. Worst case scenario, it will become a loaner if my friend from Colorado flies out for a trip.
Gotta love dealing with Facebook and craigslist scammers…

Last edited:
OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Well.....sold the ST today to a great guy and enthusiastic new owner. The trips I have taken and the memories are too much to list. As melancholy as it makes me looking at it, it was time and it will get great use.
The RT has been great, 1500 miles so far and enjoying it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
veefore

veefore

Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Such is life. Onward and upward. Enjoy your RT.
That I will, I won't leave this forum as long as I'm welcome. Good folks here! A bit surreal not having a Honda in the garage for the first time in 23 years......

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Congrats on the bike, even if somewhat belated.

I had always liked the boxers, but got put off a bit when I replaced a gearbox in one for a friend (R1100RTP), and learned that pulling the box was part of the routine maintenance ( at 44,000miles IIRC), to lube the connecting spline shaft.
But definitely nice bikes to ride.

Top Bottom