Sorting Routes in Garmin Trip Planner

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
On previous Garmin devices I would just name my routes 01-home to ???, 02-??? to ???, etc...

That way, once imported, they would be in order.

The Trip Planner however would always import routes in some strange order and I never looked into it as I would still just pick the 01, 02 or whatever name and start that route.

Well, I found out the Trip Planner sorts by Departure time of each route... so, if you open each route and make the departure date/time to be more inline when you expect to execute that route it will sort in order.

It makes sense when you think about it since the app is a TRIP PLANNER and you're telling it when you're leaving... The problem is you don't always create your routes in the order you'll be riding them so it just sticks the current date/time in the departure time and once you copy / paste from past routes it gets mixed up...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Well, I found out the Trip Planner sorts by Departure time of each route... so, if you open each route and make the departure date/time to be more inline when you expect to execute that route it will sort in order.
Read the same confusion going on with BaseCamp -> Zumo XT...

Top Bottom