Spencerized seats

Bike
2001 st1100
I have a 2001 st and just emailed Spencer seat mods about sending it down to him. He informed me that he no longer works on seats of that vintage FYI

I have a 2001 st and just emailed Spencer seat mods about sending it down to him. He informed me that he no longer works on seats of that vintage FYI
You are very lucky that you have an answer, I have been trying to contact him for a month and no answer from him.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your seat upgrade.

Bike
2010 ST1300
You are very lucky that you have an answer, I have been trying to contact him for a month and no answer from him.
This highlights one problem with the web. Once you post a service, or your contact info, it persists for ages after you have moved on, died off, or whatever. Look at motorcyclelarry's situation. I'm not talking about shortly after he died, but after his family abandoned the company and even closed the store, the website was alive. Yes, a conscientious person could close his site, but how about all the links and posts on multiple forums - even in other countries? Seventeen years from now there will be more garbage on the web than there is in space orbiting our planet.

STOC #
I had mine done by Spencer. Love it and it still looks like original. The one in the photo is what was on the bike when I bought it. A couple miles on it and I went to the dealer and bought the stock seat from him for $50 then sold the custom seat online for $200.

Bike
2012 ST1300P ABS
STOC #
Seems odd that he would turn down work on ST1100's as he did them for a number of years. He must have plenty of work coming in for the newer bike seats he currently works on...

I would like to get my st1300 done. I've called a number of times. Left a voicemail. Emailed. Still no reply.

Seems odd that he would turn down work on ST1100's as he did them for a number of years. He must have plenty of work coming in for the newer bike seats he currently works on...
Everybody run his business the way the like it, but it will be more professional to return emails, ph, etc. even if you are not interested in this work in particular.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
GoTime said:
I would like to get my st1300 done. I've called a number of times. Left a voicemail. Emailed. Still no reply.
This seems to be a thing with one-man or small crew shops. Having more work than you can handle means having the ability to work at your own pace and the way you want.

Unfortunately this also means that some vendors get a huge head and let you know you're at their mercy. This happened with an excellent local gunsmith. It's not how I like to do business but sometimes it happens. I don't know that this is the case with Laam though.

I'd probably have had a Laam seat by now if the contact situation was other than what's been reported. Spencer might be an option for me but reported results seem to be hit or miss. Russell is out of the question.

If you haven't gotten a seat I highly recommend a Saddlemen Gel seat. I've had mine since 2002. It still looks and feels great. I have them on all my bikes.

Attachments

Top Bottom