ST 1100 A Servo placement

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I will be adding a CCS 100 to my 01 1100 A and wonder where most guys put their Servo. Under my seat is not an option I want to use at this time but if that is the best place based on available space, I may need to rethink that. Please keep in mind that this is an ABS 1100 so space under the fairing is less open than the Standard model.
Thanks, Mark

Mark - On my MCCruises, which have a vacuum servo, I put it on the left side just under the tank cover above the radiator. I had to bend the support strut just a little and remove the plastic 'air blocker', but it fits well there. Some folks put them in the tailpiece if it is not already full of stuff.

i just didn't like having to route the cable all over the bike to use up the, way too long cable! i installed mine by drilling and taping holes on the rt.side frame, underneeth the gray frame cover. to do this i shortened the control cable to about 16inches. the cable was shortened without removal of the cable from the servo. i have sinced found out that it can be disconnected from the servo for modifycation. my point is that it CAN be shortened and there by, the places you can install a servo is increased,.( i'm willing to bet it can be lengthened as well) for the record, i also installed a vacume resv. up behind the dash....1/2 liter nagen bottle.

D'oh!!! I like your spot John, but I will have to remake my bell crank arm to come off the bottom. I went ahead and mounted one to pull up from the air box. Not a hug deal, but may look to make that work first. I should have asked sooner.
Thanks for the input guys.

Hey Mark.

How did it turn out? Just finished mine this week and Johns pics and link really helped. I used the tail space with my aux fuse panel btw. Very smooth activation compared to the one I put on my 1300. I'm guessing it's a carb vs injection thing.

I have yet to get it done Larry, glad it went well with yours.

Top Bottom