ST1100 carb parts

STOC #
Hi All,
Just got done with a round of maintainence this weekend. I'm working on round 2. I need parts to rebuild the ST's carbs. I've looked at the parts guys online and I see that all the parts are a la carte. Is there a place where I can get the carb parts kitted up? Also, I'm not sure what is the standard size jets that I need. The service manual does not make this clear. Is the Clymer manual better?:confused:

STOC #
Back when I worked as a motorcycle mechanic, I cleaned hundreds of carburetors. I needed parts for maybe 5 of them. And those bikes hadn't been run for probably 20 years with bad gas in them.

Chances are you won't need any parts, especially in something as new as a ST. If you do need parts it probably will be one gasket or maybe an air diaphram. It doesn't make sense to buy a carb "kit" for $50 a carb that will give you a bunch of parts that you will never use.

Jim

Bike
ST1100
Thanks for the reply Jim! I'll give it a go then.

Anyone have a list of steps or online guide of some sort? I have cleaned the carbs on my little ninja 250 several times but I am more afraid of breaking something on the ST for some reason...

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
I too have cleaned several sets of motorcycle carbs and have never need parts. Do not spray carb cleaner on any rubber parts or you may need parts. Diaphragms are expensive. Have not done a set of ST carbs but I'm sure there is a tiny oring on the pilot screws. Remove before spraying.

A single bristle from a wire brush makes a great tool to clean the tiny holes and jets.

Ralph Sims

Bike
ST1100
Thanks for the tip Ralph. It sounds like a part cleaner dip is not going to work on this one... Plastic bits attached to the carb?

Top Bottom