ST1100 Clearview vs. Others (Windshields)

Bike
1999 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
I need some help deciding whether to go for Clearview or any other (i.e Laminar, Cee Bailey...) and how do I work out what size I go for according to my height which is 5ft8inches.

Thanks.

Re: Clearview vs. Others (Windshields)

I'm 6' with a 33 inch inseam. I bought the Clearview TALL and it is way too much, not that I can't keep it lower, which I do, but I think the only people that need the tall are monsters.

One of the other features that I LOVE about my clearview is the gold wing style vent that I had added (it is an option). You can see some photos of my Clear View Shield here (go to the 2nd page and look at the last photo, then the first two photos of the 3rd page.

http://motohojo.smugmug.com/gallery/6767926_yBwfM#P-2-24

I have a rifle with a laminar lip.
I have the rifle 20". That's +4" over the stock. I can look over the screen and the laminar lip blows the air pretty much over my head.
I think no matter what screen you use, you'll serve yourself best by wearing earplugs.

Attachments

• DSC00055.jpg
    DSC00055.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 43
I use the stock shield with the Laminar lip. It's the best compromise IMHO. I had a tall shield of unknown manufacturer and hated it, catches too much wind...

I'm using a Rifle 20" trimmed down to about 18.5". 5'11" tall and it's the perfect height for me. No laminar lip for me, but I did add a goldwing vent to the wind screen for added air flow during the warm months and to keep cracked open a hair to reduce the vacuum behind the screen since it has no cat eyes.

Back
Top Bottom