ST1100 Exhaust help...

jww193

Jeff W
HI all,

I noticed that I have an exhaust leak where the muffler meets the pipe on the right side. It did start to sound a little loud so I'm not surprised this happened. What are my options to correct this? New OEM exhaust would probably be a little steep, are there other options? Anyone gone this route and could give me some advice?

Thanks all

~Jeff~

If you would be interested in used stock replacement parts then check in with Don Cortez, a.k.a. FreeSTyle. Don acquires used ST11's and parts them out. You can find him in the members list.

My right muffler broke at that point. I was able to take it to a welding shop and they welded it back for about $40. They had to cut off and reweld the heat shield in order to do the full weld.
Bill

My right muffler broke at that point. I was able to take it to a welding shop and they welded it back for about $40. They had to cut off and reweld the heat shield in order to do the full weld.
Bill

:plus1: Any good muffler shop or welding shop should be able to take care of it for a reasonable price.

There is also a fiber gasket of sorts (under the clamp) where the muffler connects to the pipes coming off the engine. That could have fallen apart and be leaking.

There are quite a few decent stock mufflers on Ebay - you could probably get a replacement cheaper than repairing yours. I think I may have an extra stock muffler somewhere. You can have it for the cost of freight but it may take me a couple of days to find it.

Dan

If you decide you need new mufflers I have a set of carbon fiber Two Brothers mufflers that I've been thinking about selling. They are just a little too loud for me.

Back
Top Bottom