ST1100 Manuals

Bike
'95 ST1100
I finally received the official Honda manual for my '95 ST1100 (blue/white cover). It makes mention numerous times of the Honda "Common Service Manual". Is this manual really necessary (relative question, I know)?
Also, if you were to get another manual (in addition to the two above), would you get the 'Clymer' or the 'Haynes'? And is there any difference in the "Pan-European' manual vs a USA version?
Confused again in Ohio :confused:
John

The common service manual is readily available as a free download. It might be in the ST Wiki link at the top of the home page? If your public library has access to the EBSCO database, the Clymer manual can also be accessed on line. Looking through it will give you a feel if you want to buy one. Don't know anything about the Haynes.

Hi Grunder,

I would go for the Clymer manual, it has 630 pages compared to about 260 pages of the Haynes manual. I have both but like the Clymer much better, because the descriptions are much more detailed and the pictures have a better quality.

Regards Eb

I finally received the official Honda manual for my '95 ST1100 (blue/white cover). It makes mention numerous times of the Honda "Common Service Manual". Is this manual really necessary (relative question, I know)?
Also, if you were to get another manual (in addition to the two above), would you get the 'Clymer' or the 'Haynes'? And is there any difference in the "Pan-European' manual vs a USA version?
Confused again in Ohio :confused:
John

I am also looking for the Common Service Manual. Since I recently acquired a 30 year old ST1100 which unfortunately seems to have a overheating problem.
It would be great if someone could post a link!

Aino

Thank you for the quick reply! However, that is a link to the Service manual. It is of much better quality than the pdf I downloaded before, so thank you!

In this Service manual on page 83 about Coolant draining there is a note:"For coolant replacement, refer to section 5 of the Common Service Manual".
I cannot find that manual. Does it actually exist? The only other manual I know of is the Owners manual.

Thank you for the quick reply! However, that is a link to the Service manual. It is of much better quality than the pdf I downloaded before, so thank you! In this Service manual on page 83 about Coolant draining there is a note:"For coolant replacement, refer to section 5 of the Common Service Manual". I cannot find that manual. Does it actually exist? The only other manual I know of is the Owners manual.
Thank you for the quick reply! However, that is a link to the Service manual. It is of much better quality than the pdf I downloaded before, so thank you! In this Service manual on page 83 about Coolant draining there is a note:"For coolant replacement, refer to section 5 of the Common Service Manual". I cannot find that manual. Does it actually exist? The only other manual I know of is the Owners manual.

@Toonder This link should give you what you want :)

Your avatar has a classic motor home, I am not an RV guy but I do like those GM motor homes. They seem like a useable size without seeming like the owner is trying to take his suburban home with him on vacation. I remember when they where new in the early ‘70 they looked really futuristic and they still look good.

Back
Top Bottom