ST1100 or ST1300

I haven't ridden both but I can tell you from things I've read/heard I will never swap my ST1100 for a 1300. If/when I do get another bike to replace it I will get an FJR1300 (sorry guys, I really am a Yamaha guy at heart though. All my previous favorite bikes have been yamaha's.) MUCH lighter, FI, seat and footrest positions feel better, easier to work on when you need to (purely because its easier to get to things), More/better tire options (because of weight limitations on grippier tires), and the new ones have inverted forks :)

I ended up with an ST1100 over the FJR purely from a style stand point. I just like the way the 1100 looks. I think they're sexy (of course the looks are why they are such a pain to work on) and I think the FJR (and the ST1300 FWIW) are fugly (no offence meant to the guys that like them, they're just not my cup of tea)

@insulinboy ... Not going to argue any of your points as they're your opinion and preference. :) But I will mention that the ST1300 has FI. Maybe you meant TBW (throttle by wire), which many Yammies do have that is not on the ST1300?

Just to put a bow on this thread...last Saturday when I went to look at the ST1300 (at a car dealer. They'd taken it in as trade). Someone had gotten there about 5 minutes before me. We're both looking at it we both took it around the parking lot. Since he was there 1st I wanted to give him his opportunity. I watched him haggle for about 10 minutes with his sales person going back and forth "to the manager". To make a long story short, he bought it right before my eyes. It was a 2004 ST1300, about 6,000 miles - $3,900.

Back
Top Bottom