ST1300 All Purpose Tail Plate/Rack

Bike
2010 ST1300A
Has anyone any experience with using an all purpose plate/rack on the ST1300? I think I can get more efficient utility out of the 10lb limit by using a waterproof bag strapped to a plate over any kind of box. But sourcing something pre-made is not easy unless you are looking for dual sport or adventure bikes. If all else fails, I can mock something up with plywood and get it cnc'd or waterjet cut out of aluminium, but that will probably cost a bit more. Hoping someone has already tried this option?

Thanks!

Attachments

• tais.jpeg
    tais.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 15
I can't find a good picture but some have used large cutting boards from Walmart and have cut slots for straps.

Thanks for that suggestion, Joe! I have also considered something like Corian which is tough, light, and easily millable with shop tools. And I can probably get a small remnant for nothing or close to it.

With my V65 I did something very much like this. Where I work we have scraps of 3/16 aluminum. Punched some holes around the outside for hooks. I put some simple bars on the bottom side of the six pack rack to secure it

The 10 pound limit has been violated by just about everyone. I think the 10 pounds is a lawyer limit.

Don't know what the 1100 limit is but my 130 pound daughter did a flip to dismount my luggage rack.

Back
Top Bottom