Article [13] ST1300 - Powerlet Install with pics

I have had fitted a power socket in the front lockable fairing pocket. Not sure if it will get too hot and fry my mobile phone. I hope not!

Attachments

• Farkle Power Socket in LHS fairing pocket IMG-20120512-00131.jpg
    Farkle Power Socket in LHS fairing pocket IMG-20120512-00131.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 75
I have had fitted a power socket in the front lockable fairing pocket. Not sure if it will get too hot and fry my mobile phone. I hope not!

There has been more than one person that has fried their phone in that pocket. I don't recommend it. Some people have taken that type of insulation that is sticky on one side and on the other side is reflective and lined the outside of the fairing pocket with it to keep it cooler. Maybe that helps but without it there's no way I would use that pocket for anything electronic.

IMO YMMV

Curt

I did (added Powerlets) the same to my 2007. Additionally, I placed one between my handlebars. I just removed the plastic cover plate which opened the steering column. I removed the Honda emblem and drilled a hole for the Powerlet. I ran the wiring down the steering column and under the gas tank and seat. I had previously installed a power bar under the seat for other electrical attachments, and just connected this outlet to the bar. The advantage for me with this setup is that I have added a plug to my tank bag. I can run the short pigtail from my bag to this outlet and charge my MP3 , phone, or whatever else I need to charge while riding in the bag. Since it is wired to the power bar, the power is off when the key is off.

Last edited:
was trying to get your article/picutre of the ham radio installation but could not.
I am a Ham and just got into the ST 1300 forum...

was trying to get your article/picutre of the ham radio installation but could not.
I am a Ham and just got into the ST 1300 forum...

Who in this thread are you addressing? I didn't see anything about Ham radios here.

Nine years later and another tip of the helmet to the OP for the care and attention to detail as I am midway through the same process. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom