ST2 brake module

I will throw both hot and cold water here. I have the brake module on one bike,,,, and it works great for me. Two friends saw it work, by riding with me,, and thought that was a great idea. So they ordered one each,,, and both struck out (one on a HD and one on a Yamaha). My Yammy friend soon gave up and threw his away. My HD buddy demanded a new one from ST2,,, and got it,,, same results, so pitched them both. Again,,, mine works great,,, both as seen by other riders and some dark street testing that I did on my own. I don't think that St2 has represented this product properly,,, as it is just a super simple rattle box,, with a roller that completes the brake light circuit on decelerations. So,,, buyer beware,,, CAt'

Last edited:
My Yammy friend soon gave up and threw his away. My HD buddy demanded a new one from ST2,,, and got it,,, same results, so pitched them both. Again,,, mine works great
One out of four seems almost too bad to be true. I understand caveat emptor but still - a 75% failure rate? Did they rattle the modules manually to see if they worked at all?

Way back when I had a Voevodsky Cyberlite and its accelerometer was a bank of seven mercury switches. The more aggressive the braking the faster the light flashed due to the front end dive and likely inertia too. When the vehicle was stopped the flashing continued but and a very slow rate. That was a pretty simple implementation but it worked well. I wish there were a version of it today. There are a few devices that flash when decelerating but I haven't seen any that indicate rate of deceleration.

As the article pointed out the number of rear-end collisions to motorcycles was a small percentage of front end and side collisions. You can't really know if it's affective. It's confirmation you don't really want.

This product is a SCAM. They claim it has an accelerometer in the unit, it does not. Only a tilt switch. I goes off/flashes my break lights with every single bump in the road. Customer service will not return your emails.
Heed my warning and do not purchase this product. I wish I had listened to the numerous warnings and bad reviews on the internet about this company.

This product is a SCAM. They claim it has an accelerometer in the unit, it does not. Only a tilt switch. I goes off/flashes my break lights with every single bump in the road. Customer service will not return your emails.
Sorry to read about your difficulties. As I mentioned in an earlier post,,, a couple of my buddies had similar issues. Just curious,,,, where did you mount yours ?? I stuck mine right to the top of the lower fuel tank. Good luck,,, my sense is that ST2 has had a deluge of unhappy customers on this product. CAt'

Heed my warning and do not purchase this product. I wish I had listened to the numerous warnings and bad reviews on the internet about this company.
I installed one last year.
After changing angle of unit multiple times, I set up a rig to adjust unit on the fly.

I then set it up in my pick up truck for additional testing.
Unit never acted as promised.
Now sitting in a bin in my garage.
I may cut it open to see what they actuially sold us.IMG_0332.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom