States ridden map help

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I went to the site, made a map, and saved it. I can't figure out how to load it.

I only have URL options, not a load from the computer like I can here or in threads.

Please help me on how to upload it, and choose where to place it in my signature?

visited-united-states-map.png

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
There's a "Signature Pictures" thread. Post the image there and then I think you can include it in your sig by copying and pasting the link (see post #1 in that thread). At least that's how I think I remember doing it, a few years back.

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Or maybe it's even easier than that.

Click your username in the upper right, to open your profile. From there, choose "Signature". It appears as if you can embed the image right there (use the "Photo" icon between the "Link" and "Emoji" icons...)

1660249400860.png

OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
No matter what I do, I can't get the image to appear in my signature window.

I just tried it again using 'get link' on the map site, and it appeared for a half a second then went away.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Last edited:
Bike
04 ST1300
Here is what I think is an easier map program because you can just select the provinces/ states that you want displayed instead of trying to click it on a map.
It also has all of North America available to choose from.

Follow the instructions in this thread- Signature Picture Thread
The instructions are a little hard to follow. I have the image downloaded, but can't seem to paste it to my signature. I can copy and paste to a word doc but not to my signature.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The instructions are a little hard to follow. I have the image downloaded, but can't seem to paste it to my signature. I can copy and paste to a word doc but not to my signature.
I have never bothered to put my map back in after it was lost when this site was last revamped. Not having attempted it myself, I can't help you other than to direct you to that thread with the instructions. If you are sure that you are following the instructions and still can't get it to work, then there may be an issue with the site. For that you will have to check with Joe (@Mellow) to see why it doesn't work.

Bike
2010 ST1300
No matter what I do, I can't get the image to appear in my signature window.

I just tried it again using 'get link' on the map site, and it appeared for a half a second then went away.
Larry, this is just a guess. What is the format of your signature picture? I've had problems loading HEIC format pictures and discovered that .jpg works. You might need a converter to change your signature to the appropriate format (whatever that might be).

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I figured out how to do this, Larry. At least one way. You create your map, put it in a gallery, then attach it. I did this using the small 198x100 format state picture download.

At the top of this page, click on the down arrow next to Members > Media. Click the orange "Add Media" button top right, then either create personal album or add media to existing album (if you have one.) I didn't have one so I created an album first. When adding, just get the downloaded state map and upload to the gallery. You can change the name of the map here so the visited-united-states-map.png name isn't what everyone will see. You could rename it Larry's Awesome Adventures or whatever.

Then go into your profile by clicking on your handle at the top of this page. On the left side of the page, find settings, then look for signature and click on signature. Now click on the camera icon of the signature box ("gallery embed" if you hover over it), Embed Media > Your Media > choose the map you uploaded > Continue > Save

Go to any post you've made and look for the results. Now that I see mine, I sorta feel like removing it feeling like I haven't actually been anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I figured out how to do this, Larry. At least one way. You create your map, put it in a gallery, then attach it. I did this using the small 198x100 format state picture download.

At the top of this page, click on the down arrow next to Members > Media. Click the orange "Add Media" button top right, then either create personal album or add media to existing album (if you have one.) I didn't have one so I created an album first. When adding, just get the downloaded state map and upload to the gallery. You can change the name of the map here so the visited-united-states-map.png name isn't what everyone will see. You could rename it Larry's Awesome Adventures or whatever.

Then go into your profile by clicking on your handle at the top of this page. On the left side of the page, find settings, then look for signature and click on signature. Now click on the camera icon of the signature box ("gallery embed" if you hover over it), Embed Media > Your Media > choose the map you uploaded > Continue > Save

Go to any post you've made and look for the results. Now that I see mine, I sorta feel like removing it feeling like I haven't actually been anywhere.
You totally lost me.

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
This might be faster. Members arrow > Media:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.28.25 AM.png

Add media:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.28.40 AM.png

Create an album if you don't have one:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.28.52 AM.png

Name the album and click on Upload file (which assumes you got a .png map instead of a link from the map website) > Save:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.29.15 AM.png

Here is my map and a test I just did showing up in the Browse albums section. If click on Your media or Your albums you should only see your pictures.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.38.19 AM.png

Now click on your handle and in the dropdown, click on Signature:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.40.25 AM.png

You should see this box. Click on the camera icon:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.40.44 AM.png

From your media, choose the map picture and Continue:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.41.02 AM.png

It will look like this. You'll see the picture in threads, not here, this is just a link. Click Save and go to any thread you've commented on and you'll see your map.
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.41.11 AM.png

Being just a static picture, you'll need to update it as you hit more states. Maybe there is a better way, but it seems to do what you want.

Last edited:

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Hah, figured that out. Try this.

Find your image:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.28.25 AM.png

Click on Your albums or Your media if you need.
Click on the image, scroll down and look at the right side for this particular link - copy the whole thing:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.37.50 PM.png

Now click on your handle at the top, then Signature to edit.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.40.25 AM.png

Get rid of the old code or whatever:
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.46.55 PM.png

Paste the link and Save:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.40.29 PM.png

I also put a carriage return or two between my first name and the map so it wasn't crowded.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom