Still love riding this bike...

Bike
2005 st1300
I haven't the heart to part with my first bike I ever purchased.
Back when I was 18, a bunch of us from high school bought bikes from different brands and I was the only guy that bought a Honda.
Most of the guys bought Yamahas as that's the dirt bikes they had when they were kids.
When I was a kid, living in a dirt floor house, JK, I had a mini bike with a Briggs and Stratton on it.
I stepped up from that to a 1982 VFS V45 Sabre.IMG_1593.JPG/QUOTE]
Man, that is sweet looking!! I have always loved the v45's. I remember the days when Freddie Spencer ruled the track with the Interceptor. Had a poster of that race bike on my wall for years.
Is this Sabre in that condition today?

OP
OP
Beeflips

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
Radial Four Valve Combustion Chambered - Dual Sequential Carburated - Dual Exhausted - True 4 V Hemi - Dry Sumped - Dual Oil Pumped - Mechanically Actuated Decompression Valved / Decompression Chambered - Four Inch Bored - Dual Sport - Kick Start Thumper...
What year?? Looks like my 87' XR600R. That's the bike I had when I first got married, had to sell it, and then didn't have another for 20 years, once divorced I started buying bikes again.
Love being able to do those third gear hole shots! ;) I did have an oil cooler and a high lift cam from White Bros. on mine, with supertrapp exhaust. Loved mine! So I understand completely!

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Man, that is sweet looking!! I have always loved the v45's. I remember the days when Freddie Spencer ruled the track with the Interceptor. Had a poster of that race bike on my wall for years.
Is this Sabre in that condition today?
Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes it is in that condition today. That picture was taken about 4 years ago at Seton lake in B.C.
Give me a day or 2 to knock the dust and cobwebs off of it and she's ready to go.
I actually threw the battery on the battery charger last night as this post made me want to get her up and running for the summer.
But then again, I just bought a second ST last month.
Bikes galore.
It's been 3 years since she had been on the road.
I'm the only owner, so I know she hasn't been abused.

Bike
2009 ST1300
I saw a nice V45 come up in these parts late last year, I rarely call but I did on this one, gave it some consideration but I wasn't serious enough, thought it did trade hands though.
Hey I'm glad someone else had one of these, my XL is 85, year one I think of where a weak kick cancels spark; no more torn up muscles and ligaments below the knee like the earliers.
I do go on and on about it at every opportunity, Soichiro I think had a fantastic hand in a lot of these machines during his later years; many entire motorcycle categories I don't think would have been the same without the guy, he must have looked at everything with splendid imagination.

Bike
St1300PA
As much as the ST1100 has REALLY opened up riding to me in a new way, I can't discount the bikes that have gotten me here, some bikes are very forgettable, others like this 80' CX500 were stepping stones that kept elevating my love for bikes.
Does anybody else have a bike that they basically don't want to part with? Please share. IMG_20220625_144106095.jpg
Never had a cx500 don’t know why I always loved them

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
VF700 Sabre at Laguna Seca!!
Thought the movie should of been in black and white, man that was a long time ago.
Mine was a 750cc, USA had to drop it down to a 700cc to avoid tariffs that Harley was belly aching that the Japanese having cornered the market.

Top Bottom