STOC TAG

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
It's just not right that one person can have so much fun whilest some of us sit and watch. There's a term floating around these days - "Re-distribution". How about we legislate for re-distibution of "Fun"?

Danny, even if I followed right along your path, I probably wouldn't/couldn't extract as much enjoyment out of the trip as you are. Your meet and greet skills are insurmountable.

Keep it up...we're watching!

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Thanks guys, I feel like you are with me ...and that makes the trip a real pleasure.
Now, LET"S RIDE!

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Mostly great twisties and scenic, the road to Barra de Navidid was uneventful unless you count literally running into a flock of Black Birds, Crows or Ravens an event.

Two large black birds in a flock flapped into my flight path, one careened off the top edge of the wind screen and the other less than a second later got a wingful of the forehead portion of my helmet. That alone is a reason to have a helmet cam.
A 30 something Norwegian couple struck up a conversation about the motorcycle and told of their rides that included two up camping with out a trailer. Lennart and Mari Lise
Also like to stay many days at places they like such as here and Barra de Nexpa, a day ride south on the Mexican Riviera. Lennart is heading to PV to do sound on a Norwegian reality show about kids at a fancy Hotel. Crappola TV as he says. Mari Lise has been traveling extensively on her own in Cambodia, Laos, and Ghana working with an NGO as a social worker. They are fabulous people and were privileged to sign the STOC Memorial TAG book as well as share a meal and drinks with me.

Today they are deep sea fishing. I wait to see what sea trophies surface.

One of the things I wanted to do while here is find and meet British world walker Karl Bushby. According to the latest updates at his http://www.odysseyxxi.com/ he was holed up for two years in the town just up the beach, Melaque waiting for an extended visa to continue his walk home to England through Russia. A really fascinating story if you get a chance to look it over.
Turns out the Visa has apparently been granted and he got a much needed funding source in the form of a sponsor. Ironically, he is currently in NYC and will be in LA for an interview soon according to his host and fellow Brit in Melaque Dan Patman who co-runs MEX-ECO tours. Dan was good enough to fill me in of the whereabouts of Karl and sign the TAG book.

A great interview here:
http://palinstravels.co.uk/static-51-6?topic=12770&forum=9

More detailed diary stuff on this trip here:
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?93735-WEE-ride-to-the-sun-on-a-bike-with-no-name...&highlight=
Pics below:
Enjoy the day and keep smiling.

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
There ya go, meeting interesting people again! :D

Too bad, you've missed Karl Bushby this time. I stayed up late last night reading his blog and being absolutely fascinated with his journey when I wasn't being terrified of him being lost in the jungle or killed in the crossfire of warring factions in the Darien Gap or drowning in the crossing of the Bering Strait. I think I might prefer the dangers of a sunburn on a beach in Cozumel. Hee hee.

Abby

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
There ya go, meeting interesting people again! :D

Too bad, you've missed Karl Bushby this time. I stayed up late last night reading his blog and being absolutely fascinated with his journey when I wasn't being terrified of him being lost in the jungle or killed in the crossfire of warring factions in the Darien Gap or drowning in the crossing of the Bering Strait. I think I might prefer the dangers of a sunburn on a beach in Cozumel. Hee hee.

Abby
Ya, it was a disappointment, and yet I felt good that he is apparently up and walking soon again.

Sure was hoping he would be there to sign the TAG book. An Adventurer like that would be a great entry in the Memoril Tag

When do we get to see the pics of your trip to Cozumel.
Did you have any fun at all??? :)

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
Well, who knows when you might have the chance to meet him. The Universe works in strange ways. And, you are meeting really interesting people who are signing the Memorial Tag also. It would be nice, at the end, to have some of the entries posted I think.

I'm embarrassed to say that we don't seem to know what has happened to our camera, travel alarm and iPod. They've vanished into the ether. Andy thought I had the pouch they were in and I thought he had it and now we're baffled. We called the hotel and they haven't found it. Quien sabe?

We had a wonderful time. My tale of burying toes in the sand and reading quietly side by side and walking endless miles just taking the day as it came is very tame and pales in comparison (pun intended) to your adventure. One day, though, I shall do big treks to Italy and New Zealand and India and much more of Mexico and points south. Then there will be tales to tell.

Be well.

Abby

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Abby, So sorry to hear of the missing stuff. I know what that feels like. I've been losing stuff too. My Ipod was written off as lost on the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan but it just turned up a few days ago it was hiding, black in a black bag for weeks. But, now it looks like the audio amp is toast, everything else works. Even had the audio engineer, Linart, the Norwegian, look at it. Nada!
Isn't Cozumel great? Next time check out Isla Mujeres. I also heard Colbox is great.

While in the surf earlier, I was approached by a young lady who was reticent to get all the way in the cool water here at Zihuatanejo. Conversation was steered to the discussion of the trip mission, Memorial TAG.

One thing led to another and I met the family she was with and I got three entries from travelers from Saskatchewan, Canada.
Pic coming with the next batch.

Bike
SuzukiBoulevard
Abby, So sorry to hear of the missing stuff. I know what that feels like. I've been losing stuff too. My Ipod was written off as lost on the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan but it just turned up a few days ago it was hiding, black in a black bag for weeks. But, now it looks like the audio amp is toast, everything else works. Even had the audio engineer, Linart, the Norwegian, look at it. Nada!
Isn't Cozumel great? Next time check out Isla Mujeres. I also heard Colbox is great.

While in the surf earlier, I was approached by a young lady who was reticent to get all the way in the cool water here at Zihuatanejo. Conversation was steered to the discussion of the trip mission, Memorial TAG.

One thing led to another and I met the family she was with and I got three entries from travelers from Saskatchewan, Canada.
Pic coming with the next batch.
I was heartsick at the loss at first, but there's nothing to be done about it. Plus it's a good reason to go back and take the pictures all over again! :D

Isla Mujeres looks wonderful. Peaceful and idyllic. It's on the list.

Run into Andy Dufresne down there in Zihuatenajo? ;)

Looking forward to the pictures. They are a pleasure to look at. You have such an eye for the scene.

Hasta luego.

Abby

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
...::: sittn' right here with Andy as well as y'all.:::: ;)
Says it was a good decision to leave Shawshank and come here.
Wishes Brooks could made it.
I'll do my best to keep y'all happy with TAG pics.
Got one with a goat in a hammock comin'.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
The Fancy Pants digs are almost a week ago. I'm back to living on a budget.
Here I am camping...this shot is a few feet away from my tent. Maybe this is Five Star. :) here at Barra de Nexpa

Nacho is excited about the TAG concept here at Playa la Ropa, Zehuatanejo:

Exhausted after a successful hammock mount, little Nacho still has his Umbilical jerky dangling.

Katlin, Left, came up to me in the surf (wish I had that bikini shot) and one thing led to another...Here is the family of new TAG fans. They are from Saskatchewan.

Let me get back in those gorgeous waves now...

More at the Picasa place:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Nice to see those tags in the hands of others!! Great pictures Danny looks like the boy's are having a blast!! :headbang:

:usflag1:

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
STOC TAG is in Puerto Escondido, MX now but before that it was at the beach in Zehuatenejo here is the last TAG shot there. Siena poses with kitten and our four fallen riders:

Then in the first cafe in Puerto Escondido Leah, a surfer from BC signs:

Then the two Swiss Swiss twenty something guys who took me into there four bed room, Christian and Mathew join in:

Shortly after I got established lodging with the Swiss guys I saw Mike and Janets BMW 1100 GS in the court of the hotel next door. They are from Georgia and they run the Horizons Unlimited rally in NC at the Iron Horse in August each year:

There's more coming:::

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
The STOC TAG continues south and is currently holed up in Muzunte, MX, A hippy artsy beach town with a great mix of people and scenery.

Here Vincent and Nora from the Netherlands sign.

Here our four boys get a view of a sun bather from the balcony of my room.

Larry has been a big help to me while here in Mazunte. He drove me to the clinic today after I got stung by a Stingray on the right foot. It hurt a lot and bled a bit but the clinic was good and had me up and running in no time. See, Mexico IS dangerous!

Here Robert, from Hungary, signs an inspiration to the TAG. He is a natural healer and did a massage on my back.

The ride continues...more pics on the trip at the Picasa link below.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
In Boquete, Daniel on a V-Strom signs ou STOC TAG. He is on his way from BC to his home in Brazil and will be taking the Stahlratte.org to get to Cartegena, Colombia.

Bryan, a native of Boquete on a BMW 800F signs on...

Then, Juan from Venezuela signs his words of wisdom while I am in Bocas del Toro.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Fred and Larry from BC sign up for STOC TAG immortality while on their way to Costa Rica and north to home. Here we are in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

Paula is a yoga instructor in Montreal and was waiting for the Smithsonian tour when we got to talking.

At my birthday dinner, Ibu signs the STOC TAG. Ibu has an interesting story of 40 years of flying small aircraft in Latin America.

Top Bottom