ST's in movies?

Bike
07 ST1300A
Starring ST

I just completed watching Ali G IndaHouse (don't judge me). Our favorite steed ST1100 makes a couple of brief cameo appearances as police bikes. It is most noticeable in the climactic section of the movie last 10 minutes. The movie is currently streamable for free on crackle.com (Sony's commercial driven movie portal). I'll rewatch the movie and post timecodes if anyone is interested.

Anyone know of any other movies starring ST1100 or the ST1300?
--Ram

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
(Added 6/30/20: This post was added to this thread that I wasn't aware of at the time.)

Thought I'd start a thread about ST1100/1300 bikes seen in the media.

In the movie Ghost Rider, when he first becomes the 'Rider, he tears through town and passes a motorcycle cop behind a billboard and sporting a radar gun. When the flies past the cop, the billboard bursts into flame and the cop is blown off his ST1100P.

Watch this be the only sighting post, and become the shortest thread on the forum. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bike
VStrom 650
Richard Hammond from Top Gear did a piece on the ST1100 for Men and Motors TV channel a few years ago. Don't know if you get Top Gear or Men and Motors over there though. It'll be online, everything is.
Upt'North.

Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
Makes me laugh when a scene with a Ducati/Triumph/Harley/BMW/UJM is dubbed with the soundtrack of a 2-stroke off-roader. It never ever happens with an American muscle car, does it?

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Watch on Netflix a Brit series called “Bodygaurd”. Enjoyed it alot.

Lots of ST1300PA bikes in it.

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
Great list, guys! I'll look for these movies on streaming sites. Now I know what to watch on this weekend ;). Thanks! I can add Yamaha XT 250 in Rambo and First Blood, Montesa Cota 4RT in The Quantum of Solace (the last one was also used in The Bourne Ultimatum), a 1973 Norton Commando 850 in One Week and Norton 55 in The Motocycle Diaries.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
The Brit show Silent Witness (Amazon Prime) has a lot of LEO scenes, many of them with ST11 or ST13 police bikes. I always pause and rewind to get a better look. Makes my wife smile, or something like that. ;)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Both Bodyguard and Silent Witness are great shows and both will have another series this year. Witness lost two of its long time cast members so it'll be something of a new show when it returns. I still expect to see an ST now and then.

Flexit

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Site Supporter
Bike
1990 1100L + Sidecar
STOC #
Not a film (oops .... movie) but from a UK TV programme called 'Engineering Connections'. The programme was actually about the Japanese Bullet Train, but was proving that the train banking helped counter the G forces.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
A Canadian sports channel TSN has a show called 2021 Motorcycle Experience. Each show they have segments for reviews, tips and training, touring, adventure riding. There is a lot of product placement from Honda, Kawasaki, BMW and Yamaha. They are obviously sponsors. The show begins with the host and comes back to the host between each segement. The host is always standing behind or sitting on some new motorcycle - more product placement. Surprisingly this week, the host was sitting on a 2005 ST1300. No mention of it was made but it was there every time the show came back to the host - 5 or 6 times. I wonder if it is his personal motorcycle. Maybe it belongs to a member this forum.

Attachments

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
A Canadian sports channel TSN has a show called 2021 Motorcycle Experience. Each show they have segments for reviews, tips and training, touring, adventure riding. There is a lot of product placement from Honda, Kawasaki, BMW and Yamaha. They are obviously sponsors. The show begins with the host and comes back to the host between each segement. The host is always standing behind or sitting on some new motorcycle - more product placement. Surprisingly this week, the host was sitting on a 2005 ST1300. No mention of it was made but it was there every time the show came back to the host - 5 or 6 times. I wonder if it is his personal motorcycle. Maybe it belongs to a member this forum.
I haven't heard about it. Thanks for sharing. I've recently found a list of apps here to watch live sports on firestick. Currently, I'm using YouTube TV. Though it is pretty expensive, there are lots of channels to choose from that cover live sports events, leagues, and tournaments. I'll look for the mentioned tv show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom