SupraSabre's Got a New 2010 ST1300 Project

You should consider purchasing the +4 year Extended warranty... =)

<D>

I'm debating it, the problem I see is that the only thing that would be covered on this bike would be the engine. Nothing else is original! :eek:4:

are u thinking u might of bite off more then u can chew with the 2010 bike?

No, not at all...but the extended warrant saved my bacon twice on the '05. The alternator went out one month into it and then the windshield motor quit. Both covered under the extended warranty... so yeah, I'm thinking about it and have until next June to decide! :)

No, not at all...but the extended warrant saved my bacon twice on the '05. The alternator went out one month into it and then the windshield motor quit. Both covered under the extended warranty... so yeah, I'm thinking about it and have until next June to decide! :)

i was meaning with all the parts u are having to replace

i was meaning with all the parts u are having to replace

No, when you buy these bikes after they've been crashed, you don't know until you pull them apart, repair them and then start riding them. That's when you find things that you were hoping you didn't have to fix. :eek:4:

But so far, those things have been minor. I had some ofd the same issues with the '04 when I rebuilt it...and like I'm having now with the oil leaks it has.

But if you concider how much I've put out for the 2010 and how much it is worth, I've come out on top! Sheesh, practictly a brand new bike for peanuts! How can you beat that?

The parts I'm pulling off the '04, I'll be able to get most of those pretty cheap off ebay. The few parts I'll have to pick up, like the windshield assembly and main fairing pieces, those will come in time. I'm not in any big hurry. First I want to find what is causing all the oil leaks...:tools1:

It looks like the bolt that holds the "plunger"(?) for the right front fork is leaking. I think I'll swap out the forks with the '04 when we go to put new tires on this weekend.

It looks like the bolt that holds the "plunger"(?) for the right front fork is leaking. I think I'll swap out the forks with the '04 when we go to put new tires on this weekend.

Which bolt, how about a picture or part reference # from fiche?

Which bolt, how about a picture or part reference # from fiche?

I looked at it a bit harder last night, I used a mirror and looked at the axle and it was dry. It looks like an overload of grease from the bearings...

We'll get that taken care of when we change out the tires on Saturday! :D

This last week my iridium spark plugs came in, so I installed them and also threw in a 1/3 of a can of SeaFoam. The bikes seems to be running much better now. I would still like to get in and see if there are any air leaks, and sync the throttlebodies, but the idle has improved 100%. I've got too much to do with the tires tomorrow, so I doubt if I'll get that far into things! :(

This last week my iridium spark plugs came in, so I installed them and also threw in a 1/3 of a can of SeaFoam. The bikes seems to be running much better now. I would still like to get in and see if there are any air leaks, and sync the throttlebodies, but the idle has improved 100%. I've got too much to do with the tires tomorrow, so I doubt if I'll get that far into things! :(

do i need to bring my carbtune down so we can do it before we take off on saturday... like one night

no i was meaning so we could do the 2010 bike... lol

I need to get in there and adjust the throttle cable, but I don't think we'll have time.

Just finished putting on new PR2's on the '05 and 2010. The '05 also got new front brakes and the 2010 got it's brakes and clutch flushed.

I hadn't started the '05 ever since the end of last month when I drained both gas tanks completely. It had a real hard time trying to start after putting some gas in it. Byron kept saying, the fuel pressure is there it should start. I kept trying to start it and finally, after probably 30 to 40 attempts, it finally started! :run1:

Thanks Byron and Bill for the help!

Last edited:
Justin and I changed the oil and rear gear oil in the '05 and 2010. We also installed a new shifter on the 2010. Then last night I went in and adjusted the throttle cables and we also adjusted the shifter. It was too high and I almost had to take my foot completely off the peg to down shift. Feels good now. I also took the 5 way off the throttle body and checked it for flow. It was fine. I'm going to throw some SeaFoam in both bikes tanks tonight and they will have a good run tomorrow, that should help clear out any crud that is still in there.

So I ran the bike 2,500 miles with no issues, came back and on the second day of commuting, the windshield motor adjuster dies! :(

New part ordered! :eek:4:

Last edited:
I hope you verified that a wire hasn't come loose or disconnected before you ordered the parts.

I hope you verified that a wire hasn't come loose or disconnected before you ordered the parts.

It will come up a couple of inches, then the leftside stops and the right keeps going! :(

I went to the bike to come home, and no driving lights! Huh?:confused:

So I go to the BlueSea FuseBlock and check the fuse and find it was blown. :confused: Then I pull the horn fuse and it was blown too. Great. I fixed the driving lights and came home.

I pulled the windshield off and the cover then started checking. The electrical harness I made with a connector just for the horn and driving lights was getting caught in the leftside of the windshield adjuster.

I repaired the electrical connector and made sure they were not going to get caught again, but not much I can do with the adjuster, I think the cable or gear is stripped. So, I'll just wait for the new one and then see what I can do to play with this one and fix it...or replace it later! I hate when things like that happen! :eek:4:

just an idea, but u could always take the gear into a medal fab shop and see what it would cost to make one from billet aluminium and see if it will fix the issue with it stripping out again.

Top Bottom