The Muffler Man Photo Challenge

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I need to get over to the place I know about that has one but haven't been there with the bike and a camera at the same time. I'll do it soon. :)

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Oh man!! And I didn't get a picture. :eek:: :doh1: :eek:: Coming into Merced from the west on Hwy 140 in California. North side of the road. I don't think he was holding anything but definitely a muffler man.

(really, I had just got rolling from a construction delay and wasn't ready to stop again)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Just picked this up from Roadside America Newsletter. We're in a unique position to help'em out:

WORLD MARKETS PANIC OVER MUFFLER MEN

Debt ceilings! Rating downgrades! Financial volatility! All this, and yet no one has mentioned the real cause of global uncertainty -- MUFFLER MEN. At the corner of Wall St. and Main St. stands a lantern-jawed, glazed-eyed giant who may hold the key to our woes. After decades of their silent presence, we still don't know what they want from us. A trio of filmmakers intends to find out, embarking on a full-length documentary on Muffler Men, road trip to start in September. Our friends at Clean White Lines will be interviewing owners and fans about their relationship with the always popular, always mysterious fiberglass statues. They will run the gamut, from cowboy to Indian, Bunyan to halfwit.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/blog/muffler-men-documentary/

You can help make this project a reality via Kickstarter. Anyone who contributes as little as 5 bucks will get special Muffler Men rewards! Now that's an economic system to inspire confidence.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/894630149/muffler-men-one-hand-up-one-hand-down

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Got this one in Great Falls, MT this morning:

He's in very good condition. :yes:
Coords here: N47 29.592 W111 15.969

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I almost took a pic yesterday in lower MI, but figured it wouldn't qualify: Name of the shop was "Muffler Man" on their big sign, but no mannequin so I passed on it. :D

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
hmm..websense has that blocked here at work.
One of the pic's was on rt 30 (white horse pike)
Went looking for a third but I think that one I was thinking of was moved to the tire store.
Maybe used to be Kelly's Tire?

There used to be a Bob's Big Boy giant head and the ever popular jacknthebox clown head. Both gone :( I swear I didn't take the clown head! :D

Pretty sure there's one on the way to the shore route 40 or 50.. Prolly get that one Fri night on the way down.

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Great mailbox Fireball!

I found a metal man here in GA. In front of George Boyd and Sons Tire Co.‎ Address is 3495 Norman Berry Dr. East Point, GA 30354 - coordinates: 33.660108,-84.428701. I ran across him before I started riding the ST, but saved the coords in my GPS for a reason unknown to me until I came across this thread :D I did not find him on the Muffler Men home page on RoadsideAmerica.com. So, it looks like I get to add him to that site :)

IMAG0401.jpg

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Nice catch BleST.....I just ran across this thread as well. I've been driving past this Muffler Man since 1973 when I first started working at the Atlanta Airport. Not sure how long he's been at Boyd Tire, but I may drop in and chat with George Boyd Jr and see when they put him up. My office is about 100 yards east of the Muffler Man on Norman Berry.
Rgds,
Terry

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
My office is about 100 yards east of the Muffler Man on Norman Berry.
Hi and thanks Terry! I'll have to wave next time I'm down that way :) Wow, 1973! I didn't see the muffler man in the satellite image on Google, but that doesn't seem right if you've seen him that long! I'll save the honor of adding him to the Muffler Men website for you if you're so inclined. If you want to, you should be the one to do it unless I missed it there ;)

Top Bottom