The problem with tires...

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I have been working on my shop trying to make the maximum use of space... All of this effort is to eventually have a designated spot, sealed off from the rest of the shop to store my motorcycles and related stuff. I also have a stash of used tires that I keep on hand for "rescue" if someone is riding in the area that needs a tire to fit a ST1100 or an ST1300 or a Goldwing. Well the tires have been in a heap in a corner of the shop and I needed a better place.
Found some scrap plywood and fabricated a tire rack... hung it on the wall temporarily until I have the final resting place... problem solved!

Attachments

• DSC00637.JPG
    DSC00637.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00642.JPG
    DSC00642.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 31
Looking good Vinny. With winter hard on us tonight in N GA a little indoor project is a good thing. Idle hands are the devils workshop (LOL)!
Rgds,
Terry

A slightly different take:

TireRack-2E.jpg

TireRack-1E.jpg

TireRack-3E.jpg

I use a pin to hold that outermost board in place. The dowel rod that goes through the center of the tires has several holes drilled in it to accomodate various pin positions.

A slightly different take:

TireRack-2E.jpg

TireRack-1E.jpg

TireRack-3E.jpg

I use a pin to hold that outermost board in place. The dowel rod that goes through the center of the tires has several holes drilled in it to accomodate various pin positions.

That's a good looking rack... I am puzzled about the pants hanging beside it with the legs tied off???

Vinny, I thought I had a lot of tires on hand. Check your's out Did not see any I could use? just kidding.
My stack is laying on the floor. 2 tires don't belong to me. Threw 3 out this past fall not really worth the mounting effort for the little mileage left on them.

Nice collection of clamps you have there Vinny. I need to build a rack like that to hold mine.
My clamp rack is a collection of ideas I gleaned from the internet... search google images for "clamp rack". If you are serious, I will take more pictures and send them to you.

Vinny, I thought I had a lot of tires on hand. Check your's out Did not see any I could use? just kidding.
My stack is laying on the floor. 2 tires don't belong to me. Threw 3 out this past fall not really worth the mounting effort for the little mileage left on them.

The collection of tires are "rescue" tires... all used, most have good tread left on them. They will get someone home if they have a tire issue and cannot get one anywhere else.

That's a good looking rack... I am puzzled about the pants hanging beside it with the legs tied off???

:grin: Those are my son's old jeans, back from when he was a squirt.

I use 'em to store my dipstick-style oil temperature gauge in. It is an oil temperature gauge that has the thermocouple located on the end of a long dipstick, and the entire assy is sort of fragile (thus, the interesting storage technique). I used to use it to measure the temperature of my automatic transmission fluid so I could get an accurate quantity reading of same. That was back when I used to work on cages.....back when I had a cage.....

Maybe I'll find another use for the tool sometime in the future!

Back
Top Bottom