Thurscoffee Oct 8th

STooRay

Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 23, 2015
Messages
200
Location
Norway
Bike
ST1300
Mornings, your coffee is ready!
Brand COOP again, dark and strong it says….

12˚c/54f, 38mph wind from north, sun and rain.

Some errands, then driving our nephew to the bus station.

Have a nice and slow day, if that’s how you like it!
Stu

Took our nephew to Fort Syreneset from ww2 for some basic education.
Built by russian pows. Those who survived was shot when they returned to the Soviet Union because they did not fight until death…

IMG_5038.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg
 
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the COOP coffee, Stu. There's an episode of the BBC mystery Series Foyle's War that's partly built on the same fact vis-a-vis Soviet POWs. Quite chilling.

It's 54°F and clear in Rockville, where sunny skies and a high around 78 are expected.

More uke playing is on the docket for today, in this case my regular Thursday afternoon session with the group. I'll spend time ahead of that playing on my own.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them. Do it today, NOW, for tomorrow may be too late.
 
Morning all, and thanks for the coffee, Stu.

11 and cloudy for the drive to work in the dark. You can certainly tell the hours of daylight are getting shorter! It's supposed to start reining here in the next hour or so, and rain heavily throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a great day and ponders, did they call it a sub-way because it's backwards to a bus-way?

Obo.
 
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Stu.

It's 52 and partly cloudy, rising to 70 and remaining partly cloudy, later.
Wind will be 10-15 mph.

Aside from the dog walk, I didn't do a lot, yesterday. I got off to a late start, but managed 3.5 miles with her.
My knees were telling me they've had enough, so I took it easy, afterward.

Today, I'll try to accomplish the things that I didn't do, yesterday.

Enjoy the day,
Steve
 
Thanks Stu, for the dark and strong.
Thanks to the rest, for not introducing any new TLAs before I've finished my first cup.
We have a pale blue sky with no visible clouds, and a distinct but unwelcome chill in the air, but the news outlets are all abuzz with the impending storm blowing in late Friday / early Saturday.
Birmingham Home Show.
Barbers Vintage Festival.
And of course, Georgia at Alabama, in Tuscaloosa Saturday evening.
Of all the weekends to choose from, this named storm whose name I won't pronounce, picked a busy one.
So of course in my neck of the woods, twisty tornadoes are likely to be on the menu as well.
I know, I know, it's all my fault.
Because I used to spray Right Guard deodorant under my arms as a teenager.
I never heard of fluorocarbons in the 70s. Sorry 'bout that!
I have a very responsible job, y'know.
Any time something goes wrong, I'm responsible.
So the real burning question, the answer yet TBD (I did that), is... does Kaiser get to go to Barbers Saturday, or stay dry at home?
Brrrr.
Someone turn the heat on!
 
not introducing any new TLAs before I've finished my first cup.

After a family death, someone got a text from one elder family member saying “Auntie Nelly’s funeral is at 1pm on Saturday. LOL”.

They though thought it meant "lots of love."

LOL (little old ladies) - sheesh.

Maybe we should just type out what we mean and not be lazy. Even typed out, misinterpretation happens.

Would that work? IDK.
 
Good morning from Regina, Saskatchewan. Arrived yesterday for an uncle's funeral.
This morning it's 42 degrees Fahrenheit and cloudy.
Drove up from Tennessee, but we hit a deer about 30 minutes from our hotel in Rockford, Illinois. Nobody hurt but the deer. First deer strike in 52 years of driving/riding.
Spent Tuesday morning getting things worked out with the insurance, body shop and rental car. Still waiting to hear what they will do with the car.
If they fix it, I hope I can pick it up on the way back, around the 20th.
I keep thinking how happy I am I was not on the bike. But that's why I seldom ride after dark.
 
G'mornin' from SoMD! It was an early rise but surprisingly late considering my four-legged bedfellows and their needs for survival. The Prince Of Purrrsia wastes no time in employing any and all means of rousing me for breakfast, usually involving tracheal compression and numerous experiments with gravity around the room that are beyond my reach. And Princess #2 (she remains #2 despite us losing #1) just pines next to my ear to go out. Dog kicked out, cat fed, I get to make and enjoy that first sip of sanity, thank you Stu!

WFH today then rehearsal tonight. Need to mow before the next wave of rain hits from the hurricane who's name cannot be pronounced: ISAISASASAIPIZZAISAAASSS, or something like that. I bet the hurricane forecasters can't wait to retire that one so they don't have to untangle their tongue after every broadcast. Might end up doing it Friday. And my friend is finally picking up his JD today so I can gain some real estate back and hopefully recoup what I put into it for him. He gave me a budget and I stayed well under it. But he's also a vet so even though he insists on being fair I'm okay with whatever he actually repays.

@ibike2havefun 5 out of every 3 people have trouble with math.
I'm two of them!

Take care y'all!
 
Good morning from Regina, Saskatchewan. Arrived yesterday for an uncle's funeral.
This morning it's 42 degrees Fahrenheit and cloudy.
Drove up from Tennessee, but we hit a deer about 30 minutes from our hotel in Rockford, Illinois. Nobody hurt but the deer. First deer strike in 52 years of driving/riding.
Spent Tuesday morning getting things worked out with the insurance, body shop and rental car. Still waiting to hear what they will do with the car.
If they fix it, I hope I can pick it up on the way back, around the 20th.
I keep thinking how happy I am I was not on the bike. But that's why I seldom ride after dark.

Gary,

Sorry to hear about your uncle as well as the deer strike with the cage.

Obo.
 
Morning all! Sunny with some high cloud that is bringing the rain tomorrow according to the forecast. 11C right now, 17C later.

Loved Foyle's War. I just finished a mystery novel by the series creator, Anthony Horowitz that was decent. I'd go on but it would be TLDR and frankly most you would simply say IDGAF.

TTFN and hope everyone has a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom