Time for new juice...Suggestions?

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
She's almost 5 years old and original battery has been sucked of every last cold cranking heart beat she could give.

So what's a good battery for the ST1300?

In the past I have always used Sears DieHard batteries in my motorcycles and have had very good luck with them, but I don't see any comments here about anyone using one on a ST1300.

The last 2 batteries I bought for my bikes I got at Wally World. The one in the wing is 5 years old this year and the Harley's had 5 years. The wing's OEM went dead after the first season. The Harley's was replaced due to it being 5 yrs old. My old Triumph's 6V came from there also. That poor battery went into the negative way too many times and continued to work fine. I would have no problem getting another one from there. JMHO

Most of the major brands of batteries in the U.S. come from a handful of manufacturers, and sometimes one brand or model will come from more than one source.

You might find this useful: http://www.jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

My OEM did very well, and I'm replacing it with another in the spring.

--Mark

Chris's '05 battery lasted until a couple of months ago.
A Batteries Plus unit is in there now... I'll report back when I have an issue with it; but, Chris says it is doing fine.

Mark

I know there is a thread on Odyssey batteries somewhere on this site. I have no experience with these in motorcycles but have used them in planes with good results, and other pilots love them. I would look into it if I needed a battery and had time to change over.....:)

I got my OEM replaced under warranty. As Jeff says, I would also like to try an Odyssey but the modifications are more than I want to do. I believe Tim @ twobrotherstires can get you a Yuasa YTZ14S at a good price.

Thanks for the input. Tim at Two Brothers has more than earned my business with his outstanding customer service. I'll give him a call.

What ever battery you do decide ,don.t skimp and go too cheap . The ST battery is ,I think small for the size of bike it,s in an needs all it can get . Any of the new sealed battery,s are pretty good now a days , just keep um charged and they hold up well enough !

:slv13: MIKE

Yuasa YTZ14S is rated 230 CCA. The link is for a battery rated 190 CCA. If you ride in colder whether it matters more. Higher rating typically cost more, but not always.

From my experience with batteries, you typical get what you paid for--longer life batteries cost more.

May be rated at 190cca, but it's holding up at least as well as the Yuasa! After 2 of them, I was not impressed with the durability of the Yuasa.

The last post for the Scorpion from Batterystuff, seems to be the best deal. I'll try one next time.

You may want to consider Batteries Plus, they have a good selection of batteries. I picked up a new battery for Cutie last week. Good thing is, just walk in, and if they have it, off you go, no waiting.

I just got the Cycle Gear sale flyer in the mail.

Lifetime guaranty on what they sell, I forget the brand. There's got to be some fine print, prolly pro-rated.

Back
Top Bottom