Tip Over Bar Tale

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
That title can mean so many different things... This case is for tip over bars from Bike-Quip https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/product-page/crash-bars-rear

I had some defender or other up fitter bars that came off an older PA. I ground off the 3rd leg (to the rear pegs), sanded, and painted (2006 Ford Silver Frost is a close match to the ST frame). Problem was you could not fold up the rear pegs, or put anything on them including a passenger foot, and taking off the side cover with the black extension bottom was contorting process. New ones were in order.

OLD
IMG_3495.jpeg
IMG_3496.jpeg
IMG_3498.jpeg

I replaced my bolts along the way with some awesome SS button heads, I wanted to reuse mine and the spacers that hold it off the frame. This is the complete kit from Bike-Quip
IMG_3497.jpeg
IMG_3499.jpeg
IMG_3500.jpeg
IMG_3501.jpeg

Fit and finish is great, lines flow with the bike frame, and a water bottle should sit on the peg now. Hope not to test the durability of the finish. If you go to install a set, there are procedures for taking out one bolt at a time to keep everything lined up. On the off chance the holes get misaligned you can gently lift up on the passenger grab rail and thread the bolt easy.

In our next adventure we will be installing the dash mount. Thank you Steve at Bike-Quip.

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Very Nice! :thumb:
Interested because it looks like, with these, I could finally get to use use the Motojug hydration system
that I bought last year - (it wouldn't fit on the pegs with the MCL bars I have now).

PS - Where did you get those Button-Head bolts ?

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Very Nice! :thumb:
Interested because it looks like, with these, I could finally get to use use the Motojug hydration system
that I bought last year - (it wouldn't fit on the pegs with the MCL bars I have now).

Larry, I just looked for 20 minutes to see where I got them... no luck, I even typed in "order" to my email search(wow, hope my wife doesn't do that). I can't find it today, someone here posted the link in a thread, maybe it was from Probolt, but when I went to look they didn't have the bolt... I do remember them being like $9.00 ea. The cheaper ones on eBay were just that, cheap. I have the computer from back then off site, I bookmarked the site, will try to retrieve tomorrow.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Because I have that "save everything" problem, I knew I would have the old ones around, I put them in the bag from the new ones.

Confirming the bolt size I used with a spacer, 10X1.25X50 Here you go:

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Because I have that "save everything" problem, I knew I would have the old ones around, I put them in the bag from the new ones.

Confirming the bolt size I used with a spacer, 10X1.25X50 Here you go:

Thanks, much appreciated ;) .

goddess-athena

STarbuck
Bike
2007 ST1300
I just purchased 2 sets from Bike Quip over in the UK. I did ask him about painting them because my son-in-law has a black ST. Steve said that if you choose to paint them, then yes you can have them painted or better still powder coated. Just make sure the base plate bolt holes are kept clear or if not, then they will need to be chased out again as the bolts are a tight fit. The current finish is glass and plastic blasted so there's no coating of any kind on the stainless steel.

Top Bottom