Tire Bubble Balancer

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I've seen these used, seems a good solution to me. Gravity is yur friend in this case. I like it.

Unit appears to be a Coats 280 MC Wheel Balancer, $770. Seems steep even for a precision tool

If someone could produce the cones, all ya need is a hook in the ceiling and a piece of all-thread rod. The bubbles are sold at the hardware store for balancing lawn mower blades, just set it on the brake disc surface.

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Was used for many years before the spin/dynamic methods came along. My father had one in our garage for many years, but once dyanamic came along he quit using it. Well that and the fact that our tire changer would screw up aluminum rims if your were not super careful. Steel wheels were not a problem, but not many of those around any more.

A few months ago I posted the question on witch is better here on the forum, got a few folks who prefer the old balance method. I don't see how it is possible to get a better balance, but who knows?

Many motorcycle shops are still using the old methods as the spin machines are not cheap.

Top Bottom