Tire change frustration

Bike
2004 ST1300
I went to put the ST in the garage Wednesday night and discovered a flat rear tire thanks to a staple. The new one I ordered last week came in yesterday, so I thought luck was with me for a change. The local dealership actually had a decent price on the Michelin, so I ordered it there and had it installed. After finishing the brake job I went to put the tire on and realized that the collar on the brake side is not there. I checked the garage and the back of the truck just in case, but I assume it's still in the dealership shop... fingers crossed.

FWIW, those collars are always removed for tire balancing anyway, so its best to just take them out and leave them next to the bike while taking the wheel in for a tire change.

I went to put the ST in the garage Wednesday night and discovered a flat rear tire thanks to a staple. The new one I ordered last week came in yesterday, so I thought luck was with me for a change. The local dealership actually had a decent price on the Michelin, so I ordered it there and had it installed. After finishing the brake job I went to put the tire on and realized that the collar on the brake side is not there. I checked the garage and the back of the truck just in case, but I assume it's still in the dealership shop... fingers crossed.
If the dealer can't find it....

COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE
42311-MCS-G00

They are about $10 dollars

The collar was still on the bench in the service bay. Per the service manager, it "happens all the time." Perhaps the techs should add that to their checklist, then?

The collar was still on the bench in the service bay. Per the service manager, it "happens all the time." Perhaps the techs should add that to their checklist, then?
Techs have a checklist :rofl1:
More like, how fast can I do a flat rate job, to move on to the next one, to make more money :rolleyes:

I put a dab of red paint on the right side spacer (red is right is my mnemonic, even if only sailors know that red right returning....) and yellow on the left. It's easy because I happen to have a few of those paint markers in my shop. Then I put them on the floor next to the bike, or even zip tie them to the fork leg. Don't ask how many times I misplaced parts before getting so anal about them.

Back
Top Bottom